The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum is a powerful and very versatile canister vacuum cleaner, very similar to the Dyson Ball Multi Floor, Dyson Big Ball Musclehead, and Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor vacuums.
These vacuums share many features with very similar Dyson’s upright vacuum cleaners, like Dyson Ball Multi Floor, Dyson Big Ball Cinetic Animal Plus Allergy, and others.
Today, we will discuss the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum and offer you a review of this product together with comparisons and recommendations regarding similar Dyson models.
If you prefer upright vacuum cleaners, feel free to check Dyson Small Ball, Ball, and Cinetic Big Ball Upright Vacuums article!
The main differences between the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum, the Dyson Ball Multi Floor, the Dyson Big Ball Musclehead, and the Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor vacuums are in their color and design. ‘Big Ball’ vacuums are more compact and are easier to maneuver around the furniture and tight corners and areas. Also, there is a difference in available cleaning attachments and in the main cleaning heads. If you want more information regarding a vacuum cleaner’s general specifications, feel free to check our guides explaining the differences between canister vacuums and upright ones!
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum Review
The Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister vacuum cleaner is the improved version of the Dyson DC39 Animal canister vacuum cleaner.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner Tech Specs and Features
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal canister vacuum cleaner uses Carbon Fiber Turbine Tool as the main cleaning tool. Thanks to this tool, the unit is able to clean both bare and carpeted floors.
- Also, it comes with the Tangle-Free Turbine Tool, Stiff Bristle Brush, Combination Tool and Stair Tool.
- This model comes with more cleaning attachments than any other Dyson canister vacuum. Additional attachments can be purchased when and if required, so if you already own some other model, just order the required tool.
- Initially, this model costs more than others but considering all the tools, it is an affordable and very versatile unit.
We all love our pets, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to wear black clothing without spending 20 minutes trying to brush off pet hair and dander.
Are you sick of pet hair and dander on your clothes, in your food, and in your air? The Dyson Ball Animal 2 may be your cure!
- Weighing around 17.6 pounds like other ‘Big Ball’ canisters, it is not the lightest vacuum cleaner on the market. Note that this is a canister vacuum cleaner and the user cleans using extension hose, with or without a full-size wand with various cleaning tools. The combination is much lighter than the weight of a full-size canister.
- Suction power is excellent – the unit’s actual suction is 250 Air Watts.
- The cord is ‘only’ 21 feet long, but these are canister vacuums, so total reach is respectable 35 feet (10.7 m).
- The Dyson Cinetic cyclone technology enables the unit to use non-washable lifetime post-motor filter and to achieve true HEPA air filtration, which is very important not only for people having issues with asthma and allergies but for everyone not wanting to breathe floor dust and dirt from expelled air.
- One feature you will enjoy – present in most Dyson vacuum cleaners – is the hygienic dirt ejector. The feature allows the driving out of trapped dust and debris as you empty the vacuum. In other word, there is no need for you to touch the dirt. According to the manufacturer, you should always check your machine for blockages, in case the unit does not perform well.
If you or your loved ones have problems with allergies, asthma or similar conditions, or you are simply concerned about the quality of the air that you are breathing at home then consider using HEPA filtering bags!
What Else Should You Know about the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum?
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum is advertised as the vacuum that doesn’t lose suction thanks to the 36 Dyson Cinetic tips that separate the microscopic dust that would otherwise, sooner or later, clog the vacuum cleaner. The articulating handle and wand of this vacuum rotate in three directions, allowing a 360-degree articulation for greater control.
The unit uses no mechanical filters that have to be washed or replaced. These canister vacuums are bagless, having hygienic dirt ejector which drives out cleaned dust and debris with no need to touch the dirt at any moment.
An interesting feature of the ‘Big Ball’ canister vacuums is that they self-right when toppled over – canister vacuums pick themselves up.
And since they are rather compact, and turn on the spot, they are easy to navigate on the floor during vacuuming. Of course, if you just vacuum and pull the vacuum without watching where it is, expect a few bumps here and there 🙂
Not sure you need a massive vacuum cleaner for small spaces, furniture, and other applications?
We are sure you’ll love the handheld cordless Dyson DC34 vacuum!
Dyson Canister Vacuums – Features and Specifications
Find all the Dyson canister vacuums’ – by model – features and specifications in the following table:
|Model||Dyson Ball Multi Floor (formerly DC39 Origin)||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal||Dyson Big Ball Musclehead||Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor|
|Weight||16.9 lbs (7.66 kg)||17.64 lbs (8 kg)||17.64 lbs (8 kg)||17.64 lbs (8 kg)|
|Suction Power||280 AW||250 AW||250 AW||250 AW|
|Dirt Bin Volume||0.53 gallons (2 liters)||0.42 gallons (~1.6 liters)||0.42 gallons (~1.6 liters)||0.42 gallons (~1.6 liters)|
|Cord Length||21 feet (6.4 m)||21 feet (6.4 m)||21 feet (6.4 m)||21 feet (6.4 m)|
|Maximum Reach||45 feet (13.7 m)||35 feet (10.7 m)||35 feet (10.7 m)||35 feet (10.7 m)|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||14.2 x 19.5 x 10.2 inches(~36.1 x 49.5 x 26 cm)||13.66 x 15.71 x 12.13 inches(~35 x 40 x 31 cm)||13.66 x 15.71 x 12.13 inches(~35 x 40 x 31 cm)||13.66 x 15.71 x 12.13 inches(~35 x 40 x 31 cm)|
|Cyclone Technology||Radial Root||Dyson Cinetic||2 Tier Radial Cyclone||2 Tier Radial Cyclone|
|Mechanical Filter||Washable lifetime filter||Non-washable lifetime post-motor filter||Washable lifetime filter||Washable lifetime filter|
|Main Cleaning Head||Triggerhead floor tool||Carbon Fiber Turbine Head||Carbon Fiber Turbine Head, Musclehead Floor Tool||Carbon Fiber Turbine Head|
|Tangle Free Turbine Tool||No||Yes||No||No|
|Stiff Bristle Brush||No||Yes||No||No|
|Retail Price||Dyson Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal||–||Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor|
Not sure the Dyson canister vacuums are the best one for your home and cleaning needs?
Let’s see some similarities shared by all these products!
- Air filtration is excellent, and all Dyson uprights are true HEPA vacuum cleaners – they expel practically clean air.
- Thanks to the extendable wand and available cleaning attachments, these canister vacuums are suitable for cleaning from the floor to the ceiling.
- All units come with 5-year limited warranty, like most Dyson vacuum cleaners do.
- The ‘Carbon Fiber Turbine Head’ which actually uses both carbon fibers and nylon bristles for cleaning the floors. Carbon fiber filaments pick up fine dust while stiff nylon bristles remove ground-in dirt.
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Vacuum Cleaner Tech Specs and Features
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor (formerly DC39 Origin) is the slightly lighter version of all other Dyson canisters – 16.9 pounds vs 17.64 pounds, but it also has the strongest suction – 280 Air-Watts vs 250 Air-Watts. And that is some serious suction.
- Also, it has the largest dirt bin – 0.53 gal vs. 0.42 gal. Due to the different air-dirt filtering technology (Radial Root Cyclone Technology), and slightly different design, the unit is somewhat larger than other Dyson canister vacuums.
- The Dyson Ball Multi Floor uses a washable lifetime filter.
- The unit is designed as a true HEPA vacuum cleaner. The power cord is 21 feet long, but the maximum reach is 45 feet when extension hose and wands are used. To be more exact, that is 45 feet from the power outlet to the cleaned surface. This enables the unit to clean rather a large area without changing the power outlets.
- Dyson Ball Multi Floor comes with standard combination tool and stair tool.
As the main cleaning head, the unit has a Triggerhead floor tool. The rotating brush bar is controlled from the handle, thus enabling the user to clean carpets with the brush bar on and to clean the delicate bare floors with brush bar off, without bending to turn the brush bar on or off.
Dyson Big Ball Musclehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Big Ball Musclehead is the newest Dyson canister vacuum. It is very similar to other ‘Big Ball’ units.
Dyson Big Ball Musclehead Canister Vacuum Cleaner Tech Specs and Features
- The maximum suction is 250 AW,
- The dirt bin volume is 0.42 gallons,
- Its cord length is 21 feet and the maximum reach is 35 feet,
- It weighs 17.64 pounds,
- The vacuum features 2 Tier Radial cyclone air filtration, combined with washable lifetime filter provides true HEPA air filtration,
- It comes with standard cleaning tools: combination tool (crevice tool and brush tool in one) and stair tool.
- The Dyson Big Ball Musclehead differs from other ‘Big Ball’ canister by having two main cleaning heads: ‘Carbon Fiber Turbine Head’ and ‘Musclehead floor tool’.
The Musclehead floor tool does a similar job as the Carbon Fiber Turbine Head: it self-adjusts when traversing from bare floors to carpeted areas and back. Thanks to its low profile, it can easily reach under the furniture, beds and similar objects.
Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor Canister as the main cleaning tool uses ‘Carbon Fiber Turbine Head’, suitable for both bare and carpeted surfaces. Also, it comes with the Combination Tool and Stair Tool – Both tools are suitable for cleaning various surfaces at home using extension hose and wand.
If you want to read more about vacuum cleaners, attachments, fittings, and get the latest comparison reviews, don’t forget to check out our guides on vacuum cleaners and other cleaning solutions!
Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner Tech Specs and Features
- The unit lacks the Tangle Free Turbine Tool and Stiff Bristle Brush, and it doesn’t have ‘Cinetic Tips’.
- This model uses very similar ‘2 Tier Radial cyclones’ air filtration technology and washable lifetime filter.
- Like other similar ‘Big Ball’ canisters, it weighs 17.64 pounds – not the lightest canisters on the market. However, thanks to the ‘Big Ball’ technology, it maneuvers easily around the furniture, walls and other obstacles and it picks itself up when it falls over. Nonetheless, when vacuuming, keep in mind to pull the unit carefully over the floors.
- The unit’s suction is 250 Air-Watts, enabling the unit to clean various types of dirt and debris with ease.
A vacuum cleaner’s real-world performance is essential when shopping around for such a machine. See here what the most common vacuum cleaner specifications mean, so you can make the best choice for your home!
- The dirt bin is transparent and the unit can operate until the dirt bin is almost full. IMHO, empty the dirt bin after each cleaning – this can be done within seconds, just be sure that the lower part of the dirt bin is in the trash can, not above it.
- Its cord length is 21 feet and maximum reach 35 feet. It is very good for such a unit, but perhaps it could be better.
Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister vacuum cleaner is an older unit. It is not available via the official Dyson web site, but it can be found in local and online shops. Since it is an ‘older’ unit, it can be often found at a very acceptable price. Its main cleaning tool is the ‘Carbon Fiber Turbine Head’, suitable for both bare and carpeted surfaces.
The Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner Tech Specs and Features
- The unit comes with the Tangle-Free Turbine Tool, Combination Tool, and Stair Tool, while it lacks Stiff Bristle Brush.
- Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister suction is a little bit weaker (230 Air Watts), compared with 250 Air Watts of ‘Big Ball’ canisters.
- Also, it has little bit longer power cord (21.3 feet – 6.5 m), but also slightly shorter maximum reach (32.8 feet – 10 m).
- Dyson Cinetic Animal canister vacuum is being replaced by the newer Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal canister vacuum cleaner.
- The Dyson ‘Cinetic’ canisters have ‘Cinetic Tips’ which oscillate at high frequency (up to 5 kHz) to capture the microscopic dust that might clog other vacuums. They also use a non-washable lifetime post-motor filter.
Dyson Canister Vacuum Cleaners: Conclusion
These vacuums will do their job properly. They have excellent suction, great cleaning tools and they are generally not cheap. However, in the long run, they are very affordable vacuums. The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the most expensive of these three models, but it comes with very versatile cleaning attachments and has excellent suction and HEPA air filtration – what you pay is what you get. Assembly is quick and easy. Before first use, be sure to read the manual, just in case.
If you ever used one of these Dyson vacuum cleaner models, we would love to hear about your experience with them! Did they rise to your level of expectations? Did they last as long as you hoped? Use the comment section below to tell us how you feel about Dyson vacuums in general and the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister in particular!
With so many, often very similar Shark and Dyson vacuums on the market, it is sometimes hard to find the right product for your home. To help you choose, we have gathered a list of Shark vacuums’ most popular models with their main features and specifications!
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum: FAQs
While the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner is the most expensive of all Dyson canister vacuums, we recommend it for its overall quality, versatility, durability, and capabilities. For comfort and suction power, we also recommend the Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor Canister – it picks itself up.
Simply use cold water without any detergent to clean the unit. Dry with a soft cloth. Allow the filter to air-dry completely for at least 24 hours before you replace it in the vacuum.
The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is the most powerful vacuum cleaner coming from Dyson when it comes to suction. The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is also certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America thanks to its whole-machine HEPA filtration system
Canister vacuum cleaners do not meet restrictions or limitations when it comes to the size of the engine in comparison to upright vacuums. As we already mentioned when we discussed vacuum cleaners’ specifications, canister vacuums feature better suction and flow rates. They work best for bare floors, but, depending on the model, you can successfully use them for carpeted floors.
When it comes to highly performing vacuum cleaners, Dyson vacuum cleaners do feature heftier prices because of their tech specs and features. The proprietary Dyson technologies, the true HEPA filters, the warranty, built, and ease of use are some of the reasons why Dyson vacuums – canister or upright – are more expensive than other vacuums.
It is difficult to choose between Dyson vacuums and Shark vacuums, canister, or otherwise because both brands deliver high-quality products. You may see a difference in price, with Dyson being generally more expensive than Shark. For a more detailed answer on Shark vacuums vs. Dyson vacuums, check out our guide on Shark comparisons. For instance, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal comes with HEPA filter, while the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away features a larger dust cup capacity. In other words, it all depends on your needs.
For More Information on Vacuums and Other Cleaning Solutions, Read Our Latest Posts!
- O-Cedar Microfiber Steam Mop | Review
- Rubbermaid Steel Floor and Carpet Sweeper FG421288BLA Review
- Bissell 2039A SpinWave Hard Floor Mop Review and Comparison
- Bissell 86T3 Big Green Deep Cleaning Carpet Cleaner Machine Review
- Shark Professional Steam Pocket Mop S3601D Review
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.