When it comes to Dyson upright vacuums, we have to talk about the Dyson Small Ball, Ball, and Cinetic Big Ball upright units. They represent a new generation of vacuum cleaners from Dyson. They are corded, bagless, upright vacuum cleaners, based on tested cyclone air-dirt separation technology. With so many features, options, and additional cleaning tools, many people wonder which Dyson upright vacuum model is the right one for them.
What Should You Know About the New Generation of Dyson Upright Vacuum Units?
First things first, Dyson upright vacuum cleaners also come in several versions, depending on the intended use and targeted customers: Multi Floor, Allergy, Animal, or Animal+Allergy.
Generally, the Dyson Small Ball, Ball, and Cinetic Big Ball upright vacuums are replacing the old DC50, DC65, and similar Dyson models.
However, one should not forget that refurbished DC50 and DC65 (with the official Dyson warranty of, for example, 6 months) have very acceptable prices and they were and still are excellent vacuums.
On this page
|Comparison Table 1 – Dyson Ball Vacuums
|Comparison Table 2 – Dyson Small Ball and Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Vacuums
You can find a thorough comparison of Dyson Ball models in the following table
|Model||Dyson Ball Allergy||Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin||Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2||Dyson Ball Animal 2|
|Weight||17.3 lbs||17.37 lbs||14 lbs||15.6 lbs||17.35 lbs|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||42.4×13.4×15.4 in||42.4×13.4×15.4 in||36.2×8.9×11.5 in||41.9×15.6×13.4 in||42.1×15.4x 13.4 in|
|Cord Length||35 ft||30 ft||24.5 ft||31 ft||35 ft|
|Max Reach||51 ft||51 ft||39.5 ft||40 ft||50 ft|
|Bin Capacity||0.55 gal||0.55 gal||0.42 gal||0.42 gal||0.55 gal|
|Suction Power||270 AW||270 AW||210 AW||245 AW||270 AW|
|Cyclone Filtering Technology||Radial Root||Radial Root||Radial Root||Radial Root||Radial Root|
|Self-adjusting cleaner head for carpets and hard floors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Instant high-reach wand||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tangle-free Turbine Tool||–||–||–||–||Yes|
|Carbon Fiber soft dusting brush||Yes||–||–||–||–|
|Other Tools||Mattress tool, reach under tool||–||–||–||–|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|Check Latest Price||Dyson Ball Allergy Upright Vacuum||Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin||Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2||Dyson Ball Animal 2|
Remember that in many Dyson models, ‘what’s in the box’ and the warranty (with other options and features), change over time. Be sure to read carefully the data offered to you when you are actually making a purchase.
Dyson Ball Allergy Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson Ball Allergy upright vacuum cleaner is a big and sturdy upright vacuum cleaner with many very useful additional cleaning tools – stair tool, combination tool, carbon fiber soft dusting brush, mattress tool, and reach-under tool.
These extra tools help clean fine dust and allergens from difficult to reach places, including all kinds of floors, but also upholstery, stairs, under and around the furniture, under the beds, mattresses, etc.
Like all Ball Dyson uprights, this model also provides HEPA grade air filtration.
- The suction power is excellent (270 AW).
- The unit is easy to steer and maneuver despite 17.3 lbs of weight, the dirt bin is easy to clean and has respectable 0.55 gal capacity.
- The power cord is 35 feet long, with 51 feet of total reach, which is very important for large homes, especially with stairs.
- The unit comes with 5-Year limited warranty.
For more comparisons between several types of vacuum cleaners – upright or otherwise – don’t forget to check out our guides and vacuum cleaners’ reviews!
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin Upright Vacuum
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin is designed for cleaning various floor types found at homes.
Back to our Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin review, you should know that its main self-adjusting cleaning head enables the user to traverse from carpet to bare floors and back quickly and easily.
Thanks to the Ball technology, the unit maneuvers, and steers easily, despite its 17.37 pounds.
- The suction power is excellent – 270 AW.
- Strong suction, 0.55 gal dirt bin, and the 30 feet long power cord enable the user to quickly clean large areas. These are very important tech specs and features for regular cleaning tasks.
- Due to the extension hose and wand, the total reach of the unit is 51 feet (~15.5 m). More precisely, it is 51 feet from the wall power socket to the cleaned surface.
- Also, the additional hose and wand enable the unit to clean stairs, edges, corners, and other surfaces that are not accessible to ‘classic’ upright vacuums.
As a note, all Dyson Ball and Cinetic Big Ball vacuums come with extension hose and wand, combined with a stair tool and combination too. These are very nice features for those taking cleaning and vacuuming very seriously.
The air filtration in these Dyson upright vacuum cleaners is based on Dyson’s Radial Root Cyclone technology which enables the unit to capture very fine, microscopic dust, dirt, pollen, allergens, and other fine particles. The whole machine is designed to achieve true HEPA air filtration.
This feature is very important for people having allergies and other similar health problems. Although, healthy people would benefit too from the vacuum, as it expels practically clean air.
Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
The Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor upright vacuum weighs only 14 pounds (~6.3 kg). It is lighter than other Dyson Ball vacuums, except for the Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor (12.16 lbs) and the Dyson Ball Compact Animal (11.6 lbs).
However, the Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor delivers 210 AW of suction, has decent size dirt bin of 0.42 gal, and slightly shorter power cord of 24.5 feet (~7.5 m). This power cord is long enough for most cleaning tasks in smaller homes and apartments, especially considering the maximum combined reach of 39.5 feet (~12 m).
The self-adjusting cleaner head helps the user clean various floor surfaces without the need for manual adjusting.
The Radial Root Cyclone technology and washable lifetime filter ensure true HEPA grade air-dirt filtration and low maintenance costs during the operating life of the unit.
- Since it comes with 5-Year limited warranty, units like this are designed and built to last for long period of time.
- The Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor comes with a standard combination and stair tools, but it lacks more specialized cleaning attachments like a tangle-free turbine tool, carbon fiber soft dusting brush or multi-angle brush, or any other similar tool.
These tools, of course, can be ordered later if required.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 upright vacuum cleaner is very similar to Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin and Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor and shares with them many features.
This Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 weighs 15.6 pounds, while the Dyson Light Ball Multi Floor 14 pounds, and the Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin 17.37 pounds.
- The suction strength is very good at 245 AW.
- Here is a short comparison: Light Ball – 210 AW, Ball Origin – 270 AW), with the dirt bin capacity just like in Light Ball model – 0.42 gal (Ball Origin – 0.55 gal).
This Dyson upright vacuum also comes with a self-adjusting cleaner head – it automatically adjusts required cleaner head, to provide optimum cleaning, regardless of the surface type (bare or carpeted floor).
- The power cord is 31 feet long, with a maximum reach of 40 feet – additional hose and wand, combined with stair and combination tool, enable the user to clean from the floor to the ceiling.
However, Multi Floor vacuums, Ball Multi Floor 2 included, lack other, more specialized cleaning tools like multi-angle brush, or reach under tool etc. If required, they can be ordered later.
- The Radial Root Cyclone air-dirt separation technology, combined with an additional mechanical filter ensures true HEPA air filtration.
This is very interesting unit for people having large open floors to clean, regardless of the floor type, with occasional need to clean other surfaces as well – stairs, upholstery, corners, edges etc.
Dyson Ball Animal 2
The Dyson Ball Animal 2 is one of the heaviest Dyson Ball vacuums – it weighs 17.35 pounds. Thanks to the ‘Ball’ technology and swivel steering, it can maneuver easily around furniture and other obstacles.
- With 35 feet (~10.7 m) long power cord and maximum reach of 50 feet (~15.2 m), it can cover rather large area using single wall power socket.
- Featuring 0.55 gal transparent dirt bin and 270 AW of suction, Dyson Ball Animal 2 can clean large amounts of stubborn dirt without the need to stop cleaning to empty the dirt bin or to clean the same area with many passes.
Like other Dyson Ball vacuums, the Animal 2 also has hygienic emptying of the dirt bin – just press the button to release the dirt (but not yard above the trash can!).
- The unit is true HEPA unit – it combines Radial Root technology with a mechanical filter. The filter is washable and it must be washed periodically.
Its main cleaning head automatically adjusts the head’s height in order to clean efficiently, regardless of the surface type – bare floors, carpets, rugs, etc.
Like other Ball vacuums, the Ball Animal 2 comes with a standard stair tool and combination tool. Also, it comes with a tangle-free turbine tool, designed to remove pet and human hair from stairs, car seats, upholstery, and other smaller surfaces.
Dyson Ball Animal 2 is highly recommended for people with pets and with large open floor areas combined with the need to thoroughly clean stairs, upholstery, furniture, etc. from the pet and human hair and other dirt and debris.
Note that the older models Dyson Ball Compact Animal (DC 50 Animal) and Dyson Ball Multi Floor are no longer available via official Dyson’s web site, but can be found on Amazon and other on-line shops. These are good vacuums and since they are slowly being phased-out, they can be found at great prices.
Dyson Ball Compact Animal Upright Vacuum Cleaner (DC50 Animal)
The Dyson Ball Compact Animal vacuum is no longer available via official Dyson’s web site.
However, it still can be found new on some on-line shops. Refurbished Dyson Ball Compact Animal (with official Dyson’s warranty) is a great choice as the main vacuum cleaner in (smaller) homes and apartments, especially on the budget.
Weighing just 11.6 pounds, it is the lightest of all current Dyson’s corded uprights – it is lighter even than Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor (11.6 vs 12.15 pounds).
Like all Dyson Ball uprights, Dyson Ball Compact Animal also has self-adjusting cleaner head with anti-static carbon fiber filaments for increased dirt pick-up across all floors.
- The filtration is based on 2 Tier Radial Cyclone technology – it is bagless technology using easy-to-clean dirt bin and provides no loss of suction, regardless of how filled dirt bin is.
- Although ‘the weakest’ of all Dyson uprights, it has very good suction – maximum suction power is 128 Air-Watts, which is less than 150 Air-Watts of Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor.
- The Dyson Ball Compact Animal also features true HEPA air filtration.
- Due to its smaller dimensions and small weight, Ball Compact models turn on the spot and steers easily in tight spaces. It can be operated by kids (under the supervision of adults) and the elderly with ease.
- Although it is rather sturdy vacuum, due to its smaller size, dirt bin capacity is relatively small (0.21 gal).
- The power cord is 25 feet (~7.6 m) long and the maximum reach is 33.4 feet (~10.5 m).
- Obviously, the new generation of Dyson upright vacuums have longer cords and longer reach thanks to the flexible extension hoses and wands.
- Like all other similar Dyson vacuums, it comes with 5 year parts and labor warranty when purchased from an authorized reseller.
- Also, it comes with the Stair Tool and Combination Tool.
It doesn’t come with certain cleaning tools like some ‘Allergy’ and ‘Animal’ models, but if required, those tools can be purchased separately. But, it does come with tangle-free turbine tool, which is great aid in cleaning pet and human hair from various surfaces.
In short, the Dyson Ball Compact Animal (DC50) is a lightweight and very good corded upright vacuum cleaner. It is a true HEPA unit, with standard additional cleaning attachments, but with a tangle-free turbine tool. And since it is being phased out, it can be found at a very affordable price, new or refurbished.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor is very similar to Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin and the newer Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 models.
Dyson Ball Multi Floor comes with the same standard set of additional cleaning tools (stair and combination tools), but it is heavy as Dyson Ball Multi Floor Origin and has a suction strength like the Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 (245 AW).
Also, it weighs 17.3 lbs, it has 30 feet long power cord, with a maximum reach of 45 feet.
The filtration is based on Radial Root Cyclone technology, which provides a high level of air filtration without suction loss regardless of how dirt bin is full.
- This model also provides true HEPA grade exhaust filtration, which is very important for people with asthma and other similar health issues.
- It is heavier than Dyson Ball Compact Animal (DC50) model and thus require more strength to operate, but it is still rather maneuverable.
The Dyson Ball Multi Floor is no longer available via Dyson’s official web site, but it can be found new on some online shops. Note that refurbished models are very affordable models and they come with a warranty (often 6 months), too. Newer models do have certain improvements, but this is still a great vacuum to consider, on the budget or not!
In the following table, you will find a comparison of Dyson Small Ball and Cinetic Big Ball models
|Model||Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy|
|Weight||12.15 lbs||19.2 lbs||19.2 lbs||19.2 lbs|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||31.8×11.0x14.1 in||43.3×13.4×17.2 in||43.3×13.4×17.2 in||43.3×13.4×17.2 in|
|Cord Length||31 ft||35 ft||35 ft||35 ft|
|Max Reach||42 ft||50 ft||50 ft||50 ft|
|Bin Capacity||0.21 gal||0.57 gal||0.57 gal||0.57 gal|
|Suction Power||150 AW||180 AW||180 AW||180 AW|
|Cyclone Filtering Technology||2 Tier Radial||Dyson Cinetic||Dyson Cinetic||Dyson Cinetic|
|Self-adjusting cleaner head for carpets and hard floors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Instant high-reach wand||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tangle-free Turbine Tool||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Carbon Fiber soft dusting brush||–||–||–||Yes|
|Other Tools||–||–||–||Reach under tool, multi-angle brush, mattress tool|
|Warranty||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years||5 Years|
|Check Latest Price||Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum||Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy|
Again, Dyson models, ‘what’s in the box’, the warranty with other options and features change over time, so be sure to read carefully all the data offered to you when deciding to make a purchase.
Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor
The Dyson Small Ball Multi Floor is the lightest of the current uprights found on Dyson’s official web site – it weighs only 12.15 pounds (~5.5 kg).
Its dirt bin of 0.21 gal is large enough for common cleaning tasks at home, but it is significantly smaller than dirt bins found in larger uprights (up to 0.55 – 0.57 gal).
- The power cord is 31 feet long, with a maximum reach of 42 feet – very good reach for such a lightweight unit.
- Dirt-air filtration is based on 2 Tier Radial cyclonic technology – combined with mechanical washable lifetime filter, unit achieves true HEPA grade air filtration.
Like all other Ball uprights, Small Ball Multi Floor has self-adjusting main cleaning head – user can clean without interruptions large areas of flat surfaces, regardless of the floor type. Hence the name ‘Multi Floor’ 🙂
- Due to its lightweight design and swivel steering technology, Small Ball Multi Floor vacuum is easy to use, even when there are many obstacles around (furniture, walls, stairs, etc.).
For cleaning other surfaces as well, the unit has standard stair and combination tools; but it lacks more specialized tools like tangle-free turbine tool, mattress tool, etc. If required, they can be ordered later.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor
Unlike the Ball and Big Ball and Small Ball uprights, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor comes with air filtration based on Dyson Cinetic technology.
According to Dyson, the dirt-air separation in Cinetic Big Ball vacuums is so efficient that there are no dirty filters to wash or replace. Like other Ball vacuums, Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor is a true HEPA vacuum cleaner, expelling practically clean air.
On the other hand, the Cinetic Big Ball vacuums provide somewhat weaker 180 AW of suction – nonetheless, more than enough for all but the toughest messes found at homes.
- The cord length is 35 feet and the maximum reach is 50 feet – combined with a large 0.57 gal transparent dirt bin and self-adjusting cleaning head.
- This unit can quickly clean a large area without interruptions for changing wall sockets, adjusting cleaning head, or emptying the dirt bin.
- Standard attachments include combination tool and stair tool – using these tools, user can clean most of the surfaces found at home, other than flat floors.
Like other Multi Floor vacuums, Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor lacks other specialized cleaning tools, but they can be purchased at the later time, if required.
For people requiring excellent air filtration, having large open areas to clean and who doesn’t like to wash filters periodically, Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Multi Floor is excellent choice.
The unit comes with standard 5-Year limited warranty.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Vacuum
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal upright vacuums use Dyson Cinetic Science air filtration technology. The Dyson Cinetic tips oscillate at high frequencies (up to 5,000 Hz), separating the microscopic dust particles from the air.
Such dust particles could clog mechanical air filters and decrease the suction, until filters are replaced or washed. Like other similar models, the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal vacuum cleaner is a true HEPA vacuum cleaner.
It is a bagless upright vacuum cleaner, offering constant suction power. Although slightly heavier than Dyson Ball vacuums, it has somewhat weaker suction at 180 air-watts – still very respectable value.
- It also has a self-adjusting cleaner head which improves suction across carpets and hard floors. The motorized brush bar is equipped with stiff nylon bristles that drive deep into the carpets and rugs, to help remove deep ground-in dirt.
- The power cord is 35 ft long, with maximum reach of 50 ft – very important for larger homes and apartments.
- This unit weighs around 19.2 lbs, with respectable 0.57 gal dirt bin, and standard limited warranty of 5 years.
It is great vacuum cleaner which comes with a nice price tag – but, what you pay is what you get 🙂
Actually, since this is low maintenance, sturdy and durable vacuum, in the long run, it is not that expensive at all! On a contrary …
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal comes with standard stair and combination tools, but also with a tangle-free turbine tool. The tangle-free turbine tool is highly recommended for pet owners.
The turbine tool is equipped with counter-rotating heads with cleaning brushes that remove pet and human hair from carpets, rugs, and upholstery.
In short, this is an excellent vacuum cleaner, recommended for people with pets and large(r) homes and apartments.
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+Allergy is a heavy, big, and sturdy upright vacuum cleaner with many extra cleaning tools, designed to help remove fine dust particles, allergens and all other dirt from various floor types and also from hard to reach areas.
List of tools include:
- tangle-free turbine tool,
- carbon fiber soft dusting brush,
- reach-under tool,
- multi-angle brush,
- mattress tool.
- Also, it comes with a standard stair tool and a combination tool.
Technical specifications are similar to other Cinetic Big Ball uprights:
- power cord is 35 ft long, with maximum reach of 50 ft,
- the unit weighs around 19.2 lbs – not the lightest upright on the market, but like other Cinetic Big Ball vacuums, it is easy to steer and maneuver.
- the suction power is very good at 180 A, enabling the unit to remove almost any type of dirt found at homes.
- it has 0.57 gal dirt bin, largest of all Dyson uprights. Thanks to filtration technology, this unit can operate without loss of suction until the dirt bin is almost full.
When purchased from authorized resellers, Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal+Allergy comes with 5-Year limited warranty.
The Dyson cyclonic technology is often advertised as having hygienic bin emptying – to release the dirt, all that one has to do is to push the button. Actually, that is a true statement, just be sure to do that from a low height, with the lower part of your dirt bin already in the trash can or cloud of dirt and dust can easily spread around. This is not Dyson’s fault, but common users’ error 🙂
Dyson Uprights vs Dyson V6, V7 and V8 Cordless Vacuums
When trying to find out which vacuum is the best for them, some people consider cordless units too, even for the main vacuums at home and apartments.
Being powered by lightweight and powerful lithium-ion batteries, performances of cordless units don’t lag behind much from performances of corded units.
Some of the Dyson cordless vacuums can be used as the main vacuums at home, but their operation is limited by the size and capacity of their batteries. We have discussed the comparisons between the Dyson V6, V7, V8, V10, and V11 models, but it does not hurt to have a short summary.
For example, all V6, V7 and V8 models are relatively similar in design, but the main differences between them are in dirt bin size, suction power and operating time:
- Dyson V6: dirt bin volume 0.4 liters, suction power 100 Air Watts (burst mode), operating time 20 minutes (normal mode)
- Dyson V7: dirt bin volume 0.5 liters, suction power 100 Air Watts (burst mode), operating time 30 minutes (normal mode)
- Dyson V8: dirt bin volume 0.5 liters, suction power 115 Air Watts (burst mode), operating time 40 minutes (normal mode)
Obviously, cordless vacuums are not as strong as corded units, not even in the burst mode. Also, their operating time is rather limited, even in the normal mode of operation.
But, don’t forget that Dyson’s cordless V6, V7 and V8 units are kept in docking/charging stations, ready to be used in emergencies at the moment notice and can be used for regular cleaning – and one can clean rather large area in 10-15 minutes of operation.
If you need a good vacuum cleaner for a smaller home or apartment, don’t forget these cordless vacuums. For more information about V6, V7, and V8 cordless vacuums, check our Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs. Dyson V8 Vacuum Cleaners article.
Also, if your interests lie with Dyson handheld vacuums, don’t forget to check our guide that compares and reviews the Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59 & V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuums as well!
Which Is The Best Dyson Upright Vacuum?
All these uprights will do their job thoroughly, however, Dyson Cinetic Science technology enables one to avoid filter cleaning – for life, at least in theory.
The Dyson Cinetic Big Ball vacuums have somewhat weaker suction when compared with Dyson Ball vacuums. However, 180 AW of suction power is plenty of suction – and 270 AW is even more 🙂
All of these models are true HEPA vacuums, so, people with health issues should consider these models as their main vacuum cleaner. Animal and Animal+Allergy models are recommended for people with allergies, asthma, kids, pets etc – they are pricey, but they come with many additional cleaning tools.
The Multi Floor models are designed for cleaning mainly floors and stairs, although standard stair and combination tools can clean almost anything – but not as good specialized cleaning tools. Keep on your mind that additional cleaning tools can be purchased later if required.
If you don’t mind occasional filter cleaning, Dyson Ball upright vacuums are somewhat cheaper units. Here too, one can choose between various models:
- Dyson Ball Allergy has many additional tools, except tangle-free turbine tool
- Dyson Ball Animal 2 comes with a tangle-free turbine tool, but it lacks carbon fiber soft dusting brush, mattress tool, and reach-under tool.
Fortunately, Dyson tangle-free turbine and other cleaning attachments can be purchased separately and they fit practically all newer models of Dyson’s upright vacuums. For more about cleaning attachments, check our Vacuum Cleaner Attachments and Fittings page.
- Dyson Ball Compact Animal (Formerly DC50 Animal) is a very light vacuum cleaner that is the weakest of these models, but it is perfect for elderly people and people with kids that like to help around the house.
- Dyson Ball Compact Animal doesn’t have certain cleaning tools, but if required, they can be purchased later.
Our choice is the Dyson Ball Allergy with an additional free-tangle turbine tool. I don’t mind cleaning filter from time to time by myself; I don’t have pets, but my wife and daughter have very long hair 🙂 Or perhaps the somewhat weaker Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Plus Allergy – this ‘weaker’ is relative, since 180 AW (compared to 270 AW) does excellent job, too.
These are great and power full units with nice price tags, but units like these are purchased to be used daily, for a very very long time …
Obviously, the author of this article is a little bit biased toward units with multiple cleaning tools. If You don’t need a certain cleaning tool, it means that you can choose a cheaper unit! And if required, any additional tool can be ordered later.
What Is The Best Upright Vacuum For The Budget?
Before we wrap up this article, let’s offer a quick round-up of the best upright vacuums for the money!
- The Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vacuum Cleaner is our favorite choice when it comes to overall value (price/value/features ratio);
- For a mid-range vacuum cleaner that does a wonderful job, we recommend the Hoover Air Cordless Bagless Handheld Vacuum;
- As budget-friendliness goes, along with versatility, we also recommend the Bissell 3 in 1 Vac Corded Lightweight Stick. It is not quite the upright vacuum you were thinking about, but you should consider it.
Are Dyson Upright Vacuums or Dyson Canisters Better?
All Dyson vacuums are excellent choices when it comes to cleaning solutions. However, if you want to choose between a Dyson upright and a Dyson canister, here are some things you need to know:
- Canister vacuum cleaners usually feature more more power, better suction, and better flow rate;
- Vacuums with canisters offer easier and faster cleaning, especially if you have to clean bare floors;
- Upright vacuums are more versatile, lightweight, and easy to use, especially if you have to clean stairs.
Every single one of these Dyson upright vacuums is an excellent choice for the main vacuum cleaner at your home or apartment. In the end, when you choose a main home vacuum cleaner, it all comes to personal preferences and individual needs and requirements.
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.