Shark Rocket HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 Ultralight Upright vacuum cleaners are a group of very similar Shark Rocket vacuum models. Read our reviews and comparisons below to make the best choices for your home!
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 Vacuums Similarities
All the models in the series feature a handful of features and traits that make them similar. Here are the most important:
- they are easy to use,
- they all come with many cleaning attachments,
- they are easily convertible from upright to handheld vacuums
- and they come at a reasonable price.
Moreover, they can be used as a second home vacuum cleaner for emergencies and covering areas that larger vacuums can’t cover, but they can be easily used as main vacuums for smaller homes.
Do you want to learn more about Shark vacuums?
Check out our Shark Vacuums Comparison Guide to make the best choice for your home!
Due to their similarities, people are often confused about which one to pick.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 Vacuums Differences
The differences between these models are obvious starting from their full names:
HV301 model – Shark Rocket Vacuum (HV301)
HV302 model – Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright (HV302)
HV305 model – Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Portable Upright Vacuum Cleaner w/ Car Detail Kit
HV321 model – Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright (HV321)
HV322 model – Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
The HV301 is the most basic model of these 5 models. The main differences are in the available attachments and the type and construction of the cleaning head.
Check out the basic information and comparisons of these Shark vacuums in the following table:
|Weight||7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)||7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)||7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)||less than 8 lbs (3.6kg)||less than 8 lbs (3.6kg)|
|Power||500 W||500 W||500 W||500 W||500 W|
|Recommended Surface Cleaning Types||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors||Carpets, Bare Floors|
|Cord Length||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)||30 ft (9.1m)|
|Filtration||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters||Washable Filters|
|12″ Crevice Tool||Yes||Yes||Yes (18″)||Yes||Yes|
|Pet Upholstery Tool||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Car Detail Kit||No||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Dust Away Hard Floor Attachment||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Hard Floor Genie||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|On-Board Accessories Clip||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|TruePet Mini Motorized Brush||No||No||No||No||Yes|
Keep in mind that there are several more very similar models that we did not present in the table: Shark HV303 Rocket Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum and Shark HV323 Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum Again, the critical differences are mostly in their attachment types. Currently, these models are no longer available on the market. However, there are other Shark vacuums that you might consider!
Interested in other Shark vacuum models and reviews?
The Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright vacuum cleaners are very configurable – cleaning wand is easily removed, which transforms these uprights into powerful, corded, handheld vacuum cleaners.
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 Vacuums Tech Specs and Features
They have an ergonomic and comfortable handle with a rubberized grip which prevents slipping and provides more control when the vacuum is used even with a single hand. However, when converted into a handheld vacuum, they are not the lightest handhelds on the market, but they can be easily used by elderly people and even kids.
Since the are corded, with 500 W motor, they don’t lose suction due to empty battery and with 30 ft (9.1m) long power cord, they have a great range of action using a single power outlet.
- Brushroll switch is positioned near the handle, enabling one to switch on (two speeds) and off the motorized brush roll. Such motorized brush roll clean carpets and area rugs by removing dirt embedded deeply in carpet fibers.
- Dirt cup is easy to empty and clean. It is made using transparent plastic and one can see how full it is. Shark Rocket Ultralight Uprights are designed so that they don’t lose suction, regardless of how dirt cup is full.
- Cleaning wand can be removed easily – it enables one to reach anything from the floor to the ceiling and without it, these vacuums can be used as handheld vacuums.
- Filters are washable and don’t need replacement. They do their job well, but they are not HEPA grade filters, which is very important for people having asthma, allergies and similar health issues.
- Wall mount enables storing of the vacuum cleaner (using storage hook on the vacuum) and accessory bag onto the wall. This can save space in certain situations and often keeps the vacuum nearby, ready to be used when required.
- Swivel steering and lightweight design enable easy maneuvering with these vacuums around furniture and in tight places. When other surfaces need to be cleaned – upholstery, stairs, etc – simply change the cleaning tool according to the cleaned surface and/or type of dirt.
Not sure yet about the best Shark vacuum cleaner for your needs?
Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59 And V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuums vs. Shark Rocket Ultralight Upright Vacuums
Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59, and V6 handheld cordless vacuums are a group of vacuums that are very similar in appearance to Shark Rocket Ultralight Uprights. They are all easily converted from upright vacuums to handheld vacuums and vice versa by removing or adding a cleaning wand.
Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59, and V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuums Tech Specs and Features
Dyson vacuums are cordless vacuums and although they use lithium-ion batteries, their operation time is limited to about 10-15 minutes, depending on how they are used. This operating time is even shorter when a special ‘boost’ mode is used.
- On the other hand, Shark Rocket vacuums provide 500 W of power constantly due to a rather long power cord. If there is a power socket around, Shark Rockets can be used, while Dyson V6 can be used regardless of the presence of power sockets or mains power of any kind – in the car, on the boat, etc.
- V6 and other handheld cordless vacuums are better suited as ’emergency’ vacuums unless you don’t mind pulling the power cord behind.
- Note that Dyson V6 Absolute provide HEPA grade air filtration.
- The Dyson V6 costs much more than HV301/302/305/321/322 vacuums.
Interested in handheld cordless vacuums for more comfortable cleaning?
Recommended Shark Rocket Ultralight Vacuum
These Shark Rockets are very similar and their price vary +/- $25. If you don’t mind spending a little bit more money, go for Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322).
These Shark vacuums cost more than other models due to available set of cleaning tools, but they get their job done on carpets, rugs and bare floors, regardless of the dirt type.
It is quite possible that some people will never use some of the cleaning tools and buying them is money wasted. So, if you believe that you will never actually use all available attachments, go for the cheaper model.
On the other hand, if they are required after some time, they can be purchased separately at a higher price per item.
Undecided about your future vacuum cleaner? Not sure the Shark series is what you want? Do you have a soft spot for Dyson models?
Shark Rocket HV301, HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 FAQs
It all depends on what you need to do. We recommend the Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light HV382 for small spaces and the Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322) for families with furry family members. We also like the Shark HV305 Rocket Ultralight Portable Upright Vacuum Cleaner w/ Car Detail Kit for excellent housework and car cleaning.
Shark HV301 is a basic model, the building block of all other HV302, HV305, HV321, and HV322 units. However, the HV302 is the only vacuum in this series coming with a car detail kit.
If you look at our Shark vacuum reviews and Dyson vacuum reviews, you will notice that both brands deliver high-quality units that deliver outstanding performance. However, Shark vacuum cleaners, while coming with a shorter power cord, are also generally lighter and more affordable than their Dyson counterparts.
Do You Want More Cleaning Solutions and Advice? Read Our Latest Posts!
- Best Vacuum Cleaner For Stairs | Buying Guide
- Best Vacuum Cleaner For Tile Floors | Buying Guide
- Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Orbiter Floor Machine Review
- Hoover LINX BH50010 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner Review
- Best Carpet Shampooer in 2020| Reviews and Recommendations
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.