The Dyson DC35, Dyson DC44, Dyson DC59, and Dyson V6 vacuum cleaners are a group of very similar handheld cordless vacuums in shape, size and operation. However, they differ in many, often little, but very important details. Let’s discuss today these models, analyze their tech specs and features, and understand better their differences. Here are our Dyson DC35, Dyson DC44, Dyson DC59, and Dyson V6 vacuum cleaners reviews and comparisons!
Dyson DC35 vs. Dyson DC44 Similarities and Differences
The Dyson DC35 and Dyson DC44 vacuum cleaners are the ‘older’, very similar, models. The DC44 is the newer model. Their most important similarities and differences are:
- they both use Root Cyclone technology for filtration, without losing suction power, regardless if dirt bin is empty or full
- they are both very configurable, enabling them to reach and clean tight places and corners, regardless of the surface
- dirt bins have 0.09 gallons capacity, cleaning heads are 8.25 inches (21 cm) wide, both weigh around 5 pounds (around 2.3 kg) and use washable filters
- on a fully charged battery, DC35 operates around 15 minutes, while DC44 operates around 20 minutes
- they both use 22.2V lithium-ion batteries providing constant output power during operation
- at full power, when suction boost is turned on, operating time of DC35 drops – only 6 minutes and DC44 – only 8 minutes. However, such burst of power is great for emergencies and fortunately rarely needed
- DC35’s battery recharges in 3.5h, while DC44’s battery requires 5.5h to fully recharge
- DC44 comes with more tools and more options than DC35
- DC35 is cheaper than DC44
The question is now which vacuum to buy? Are you going for the DC35 or the DC44?
Well, before considering any of them, make sure you also check the Dyson DC59 and the Dyson V6 handheld cordless vacuum cleaners. When it comes to the best Dyson vacuum cleaners, you should also check out the Dyson V6 vs V7 vs V8 vs V10 vs V11 side-by-side comparisons and reviews. Dyson vacuum cleaners, in general, are powerful cleaning tools and it may be challenging for you to find the best one for your needs, given the wide variety of products and tech specifications.
The Dyson DC59 Motorhead and Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
The Dyson DC59 vacuums are the newer models in comparison to the DC35 and DC44 vacuums. We have talked about the Dyson DC59 before, but here are the main similarities shared by the Dyson DC59 Motorhead and the Dyson DC59 Animal cordless vacuum cleaners.
- They use the Dyson Digital Motor v6 motor,
- Both feature the 2 Tier Radial Cyclone Technology for air filtration
- They have several tools included: mini motorized tool, combination tool, and the crevice tool.
- Also, they are both optimized for floor and ceiling cleaning.
The Dyson DC59 Motorhead uses a cleaning powerhead with a direct drive motor with no belts or anything similar. The entire width of the cleaner head is used for cleaning the floor with much more power than the DC59 Animal cleaning head.
In addition, the Dyson DC59 vacuum use the so-called “re-engineered nickel manganese cobalt battery.” This is a type of lithium-ion battery that uses Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC) to improve the specific energy and prolong the life span (more charge-discharge cycles) of the battery.
Dyson DC59 Motorhead
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless
- The operating time is similar when compared with DC35 and DC44 – 26 minutes (maximum) for normal operation and 6 minutes in boost mode.
- The Dyson DC59 vacuum cleaner obviously ‘fits’ between DC35/DC44 and Dyson V6 vacuums.
- You can purchase it new from many online shops.
- However, Dyson V6 is a new model based on tested technology.
- Before choosing the DC59, first, check the Dyson V6 cordless vacuums.
The Dyson V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner: An Overview
The Dyson V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaner comes in several versions, with the Dyson V6 Cordless Vacuum model replacing the Dyson DC35 and the Dyson V6 Motor Head Cordless Vacuum model replacing the Dyson DC44.
Dyson V6 is group of several models, with their main differences given in the following table:
|Vacuum Model||Dyson V6 Trigger||Dyson V6 Mattress||Dyson V6 Car + Boat||Dyson V6 Top Dog||Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum||Dyson V6 Baby + Child||Dyson V6 HEPA||Dyson V6 Motorhead||Dyson V6 Animal||Dyson V6 Fluffy||Dyson V6 Absolute|
|Cyclone Technology||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6||Dyson Digital Motor V6|
|Cleaner Head Type||No||Motorized Mattress Tool||No||No||Motorized Cleaner Head||No||Motorized Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||Direct Drive Cleaner Head||No||Direct Drive Cleaner Head|
|Soft Roller Cleaner Head||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Post Motor Filter||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes|
|Mini Soft Dusting Brush||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Additional Tool For Homes With Pets||Mini Motorized Tool*||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||No||No||No||No||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool||Mini Motorized Tool|
|Wide Nozzle Tool||No||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Mini Stiff Bristle Brush||No||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Check Latest Price||Dyson V6 Trigger||Dyson V6 Mattress||Dyson V6 Car + Boat||Dyson V6 Top Dog||Dyson V6 Cord Free Vacuum||Dyson V6 Baby + Child||Dyson V6 Motor Head||Dyson V6 Animal||Dyson V6 Fluffy||Dyson V6 Absolute|
We have tried to verify every single bit of information in this table, but things change over time. Not only that Dyson V6 vacuums often feature additional cleaning tools, but they also can have different cleaning tools under the same tool name (but the exact tool type differs depening on the exact vacuum model).
For more information regarding the Dyson V6 vacuum cleaners, you can check the official Dyson web site or visit our vacuum cleaners reviews, comparisons, and guides to learn more about the vacuum models and cleaning solutions that are of interest to you!
What Else Should You Know About the Dyson V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaners?
The Dyson V6 models come with various cleaner attachments suitable for cleaning various surfaces. In other words, you must be careful when choosing the right model. Here are some things you need to know about the Dyson 6 vacuum cleaner models!
- All Dyson V6 models are powered by a lithium-ion battery and are using the Dyson V6 digital electric motor.
- The 2 Tier Radial (TM) cyclones is used for dust and dirt separation.
- The wand, if present, is detachable. This feature transforms a ‘normal’ sized cordless upright vacuum cleaner into a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner.
- The power boost mode (also known as max mode) gives stronger suction, but also shorter operating time. The maximum suction power is 100 air-watts in boost mode and 28 air-watts in standard mode.
- All models come with a docking station where vacuums are stored and recharged so that the units are ready for use at a moment’s notice.
- These vacuums use lithium-ion batteries. Therefore, there is no power loss during their operation and there is no memory effect when they are not fully discharged and when they are stored on docking stations.
Speaking of batteries, let’s see how to replace the batteries in Dyson V6 cord-free vacuums!
All You Need to Know about the Tools and Accessories of the Dyson V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
- The Dyson V6 Trigger comes with Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, and Mini Motorized Tool.
- Dyson V6 Mattress comes with Motorized Mattress Tool, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, Mini Motorized Tool, and Wide Nozzle Tool. Also, it has ‘Post Motor Filter’, for additional air filtration and the entire unit provides HEPA level of air filtration.
- Dyson V6 Car + Boat comes with Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, Mini Motorized Tool, Extension Hose, and Mini Stiff Bristle Brush. Note that the Car + Boat model has extension hose for cleaning hard to reach areas, but it doesn’t come with an extension tube/wand.
- Dyson V6 Top Dog comes with Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Motorized Tool, and Mini Stiff Bristle Brush.
- Dyson V6 Cord-Free Vacuum comes with Motorized Cleaner Head, Combination Tool, and Extension Tube/Wand. It converts from the handheld cordless vacuum cleaner into the cordless stick/upright vacuum cleaner. Also, due to the small weight, it is suitable for cleaning surfaces from the floor to the ceiling, enabling very long reach. It is considered as a direct replacement (newer model) for Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multifloor cordless vacuum cleaner.
- Dyson V6 Baby + Child comes with Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Wide Nozzle Tool and Mini Stiff Bristle Brush.
- Dyson V6 HEPA comes with Motorized Cleaner Head, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, and Extension Tube/Wand. It also has Post Motor Filter for true HEPA air filtration.
- Dyson V6 Motorhead comes with Direct Drive Cleaner Head (hence the name), Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, and Extension Tube/Wand. It is considered as a replacement model for Dyson DC44 Animal Digital Slim MK2 and Dyson DC59 Motorhead cordless vacuum cleaners. Keep in mind that Dyson’s V6 series replaces many previous models and it comes in a large number of models with differences mostly in cleaning tools and attachments and the level of air filtration.
Let’s take a quick look at how the Dyson V6 Motorhead can provide you with both floor and ceiling vacuuming!
- The Dyson V6 Animal features a Direct Drive Cleaner Head, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, a Mini Motorized Tool, and Extension Tube/Wand. This model is a very capable cordless handheld vacuum cleaner with a nice set of cleaning tools and attachments and, hence, it has a very nice price tag 🙂
- Dyson V6 Fluffy comes with a Direct Drive Cleaner Head, Soft Roller Cleaner Head, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Motorized Tool, and Extension Tube/Wand.
- The Dyson V6 Absolute features a Direct Drive Cleaner Head, Soft Roller Cleaner Head, Combination Tool, Crevice Tool, Mini Soft Dusting Brush, Mini Motorized Tool and Extension Tube/Wand. It also comes with Post Motor Filter and provides true HEPA air filtration. This vacuum cleaner comes with practically everything one needs for emergency and everyday cleaning of various surfaces. It doesn’t have Extension Hose which can come handy in certain situations, where cleaning of tight spaces and corners is required.
- When it comes to the Dyson V6 Fluffy and V6 Absolute models have Soft Roller Cleaner Head option, which is optimized for cleaning hard surfaces.
- The Dyson V6 Absolute, Dyson V6 Mattress, and Dyson V6 HEPA have additional filters providing HEPA grade filtration – it captures and removes 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns. This is a very useful option for people having any health issues like asthma, allergies and similar.
- The physical dimensions of all models are similar – units with extension tube/wand ~10 x 8.2 x 46.5 inches (around 25 x 21 x 118 cm) and weighing around 4.5-5 pounds (around 2-2.3 kg), while units without extension tube/wand weigh around 3.5 pounds (~1.6 kg).
Which one to Buy? DC35, DC44, DC59 or Some of the V6 Vacuum Cleaners Models?
The Dyson V6 models are generally more expensive, especially when compared with refurbished DC35 and DC44 models. Keep in mind that these refurbished models usually come with 6 months warranty.
In our opinion, if you are interested in these vacuums, consider Dyson V6 and choose the model that you need. The Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum is a great cordless vacuum, but it is also the most expensive model of all V6 models.
A Word on Tools and Accessories
If you need, additional tools can be also ordered, separately or in the form of cleaning kits. Since kits cost less per individual tool than individual tools, they are highly recommended. However, the cheapest option is to order the Dyson V6 model which already has all required cleaning tools. Dyson V6 cleaning kits can be found on Amazon or in the local stores.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to check the Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum. If you don’t need all of the available options, choose a vacuum cleaner which you actually do need.
The Dyson V6 is an excellent vacuum cleaner, but its successor, Dyson V8, is even better. For more information about Dyson V8 and its comparison with Dyson V6, feel free to check our article on comparisons and reviews on the Dyson V6 vs. Dyson V7 vs. Dyson V8 Vacuum Cleaners!
FAQs on the Dyson DC35, DC44, DC59 & V6 Handheld Cordless Vacuums
Dyson vacuums are powerful cleaning instruments, with the Dyson V6, V7, and V8 models taking the lead when it comes to power and suction. However, we do not recommend you vacuum water or spills. While many Dyson models – old or new – are capable of vacuuming floors, walls, and ceilings, their filters are not designed for water vacuuming.
The Dyson V6 Absolute Cordless Vacuum, for instance, comes with a 2-years warranty. However, most Dyson vacuum cleaners can last for even 10 years without major interventions. However, for them to last that long, you need to use them correctly and provide them with the proper maintenance they need.
If you are looking into the newer Dyson models, including vertical cordless lightweight models and the bigger canister models – like the Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum – you should know they do not come cheap. However, Dyson is a reputable brand dedicated to providing customers with some of the best vacuum cleaners on the market. You may pay a significant price tag, but it will be worth it, as Dyson vacuum cleaners are durable, powerful, easy to use, and requires little maintenance.
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.
Be aware, however, that Dyson goes through great lengths to make little changes that may prevent you from using the accessories from one model to another. The wand and batteries for the dc35, for example, won’t work on a dc44 even though they look almost identical. It’s this type of planned obsolescence that makes Dyson a poor choice when buying a vacuum; all so they can sell you ANOTHER vacuum and more accessories and batteries every few years.
I need a nice tangle free attachment for my still working dc44 animal cordless stick. Is this an impossible dream? I don’t want to get a short haircut just to please my vacuum.
Can a DC 59 head fit a DC 44 Dyson stick vacuum cleaner