BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner – 14259 Model is an excellent and compact wet/dry carpet cleaner, ideal for emergencies, and cleaning of smaller areas. It is NOT a steam cleaner, and it is not suitable for larger areas. But, if you have some time, it can clean even larger areas with a single water tank. Today, we will discuss this wet-dry carpet cleaner, focusing on its tech specs and features, cleaning capabilities, use instructions, and even model comparisons with similar Bissell products.
The BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Overview
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner 14259 Model is very similar to the older BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet Cleaner 1400B Model, except that the ‘ProHeat Compact 14259 Model’ comes with a built-in heater that heats tap water. The hot water dramatically enhances the cleaning of stubborn stains and dirt.
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Tech Specs
- The water heater heats the water up to 25 degrees above its original temperature within 30 seconds and keeps it warm.
However, the 1400B model can use warm water (not boiling water!) for cleaning, too, but when water gets colder, it can be used either cold or one has to fill in warm water again. If you are interested in other Bissell wet-dry vacuum cleaners, check out the Bissell 1132A Symphony All-in-One Vacuum and Steam Mop tool. It is another excellent product in the Bissell family that you should know about and enjoy.
Both BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner 14259 Model and the older BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet Cleaner 1400B Model are suitable for cleaning carpets and upholstery in apartments, cars, and similar areas.
- Due to the small difference in price, the newer 14259 model is recommended for new purchases, although many people still specifically request a 1400B model, which has shown to be a tough and durable carpet washer.
Also, there are several 1400 sub-models, which differ in the color, package, and sometimes in added accessories, often depending on the seller and promo sales.
Other BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Features
- BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner 14259 Model comes with two separate tanks. One of which is for clean water and the other is for dirty water.
- It combines strong spray and good suction for cleaning both wet and dry dirt and stains in one, single step. Again, it is NOT a steam cleaner. It is a carpet cleaner/washer with a built-in water heater.
- The Bissell 14259 carpet washer is a very compact machine. It measures 8.2 x 17.25 x 12.5 inches (~21 x 44 x 32 cm) and weighs 13 pounds (~5.9 kg) empty (with no water of any kind onboard), making it easy to move around the house as well as carry up and down the stairs.
- The dirt water tank capacity is around 48 oz (~1.36 liters).
- Its 3 feet long flexible hose wraps around the base of the unit and is secured by a clip.
- The power cord is 15 feet (~4.5 m) long and is long enough for most situations. The power cord is manually wrapped. The unit doesn’t feature an automatic cord rewind system.
- In the package, you will find included a 3 inches (7.6 cm) tough-stain brush and spraying crevice tool. They do their job well. Note that the brush is not mechanized in any way and for a thorough cleaning, the user must rub the brush against the cleaning surface.
What Else Should You Know about the BISSELL Little Green ProHeat?
It is highly recommended to empty and rinse it after each cleaning. Also, a clean water tank (with or without cleaner formula added ) can be left filled (according to the manual) till the next use, but if you can and have time, empty it in some suitable container and keep till the next use.
Bissell 14259 model uses 9 Amps motor, and it has excellent suction – suction is weaker when compared with larger vacuums rated at 9 Amps, and it is even weaker when compared with 5.6 Amps of Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner, but it gets its job done.
Note that the BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Compact Multi-Purpose Carpet Cleaner 14259 comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Turbo Brush
This is one accessory that you don’t want to miss. You can purchase the turbo brush separately and use it to clean tough stains in your upholstery or high-traffic areas such as your stairs. If you want some deep-cleaning action, this brush can do the job for you.
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Instructions
If you want to know how easy you can operate and clean this machine, check out the instructions below.
- Before you start vacuuming, you will have to pour in the BISSELL 2X Little Green Formula or any other cleaning solution to the clean tank first. Then, add some tap water up to the fill line. Make sure you’re using hot water.
- Take out the flex hose and attach whatever cleaning tool you will be using with your ProHeat Carpet Cleaner.
- Now, unwrap the power cord and plug it in.
- Turn the machine on by pressing the power button. Beside that button is the heater switch. Press that as well, and within the next 30 seconds, a light indicator will illuminate once your tap water reaches its ideal temperature.
You may need to press the spray trigger for at least five seconds to get rid of the water that’s not heated. The manufacturer highly recommends pre-treating heavily-stained areas for at least 3-5 minutes. Another pro-tip from them when it comes to carpet cleaning is to deep-clean high-traffic areas like your stairs regularly to extend your carpet’s life.
If you’re ready to start cleaning, position the cleaning tool about an inch above the surface you want to clean and spray some cleaning solution. Then, with the brush tool, start scrubbing the soiled or stained area. Whenever necessary, you can spray more of that cleaning solution while brushing and suctioning the targeted area at the same time. If your carpet is now stain-free, you can start suctioning again to dry the area.
For additional information, please refer to your BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Carpet Cleaner user guide.
How to clean BISSELL Little Green ProHeat?
When it comes to maintenance and care, you have to make sure that you empty and rinse the dirty water tank whenever necessary–whether that’s after every use or each time the tank is filled up.
Don’t forget to disconnect whatever cleaning tool you’re using and rinse them under running water. Also, you may have to check the spray nozzle from time to time for any accumulated dirt that can block the nozzle.
Once the unit is cleaned, the final step would be to wipe off any excess dirt or moisture from its surface using a soft cloth. Put everything back to its place. The power cord should be wrapped around the cord wrap and the flex hose around the base. Store your portable spot cleaner in a dry place with a room temperature of 40º to 110ºF.
BISSELL Little Green ProHeat 14259 vs. Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner is a similar unit, with the main difference being:
- The Bissell 3624 costs some 25-30% percent more than Bissell 14259,
- The Bissell 3624 comes with 6 inches (15 cm) stair tool and 3 inches (7.6 cm) tough stain tool (non-motorized) and longer 5 feet cleaning hose,
- Bissell 3624 has a longer power cord (22 feet), and although it has a ‘weaker’ motor (5.6 Amps), it provides better suction.
Both units are very compact and require little space when stored away.
Also, they have additional cleaning tools that can be ordered separately, and they both use various cleaning solutions for improved cleaning and removing stains and odors – great for people with kids and pets.
Final Review of the BISSELL Little Green ProHeat Carpet Cleaner
This portable carpet cleaner is a great addition to your cleaning tools at home. It may only work best for cleaning smaller areas, but it does so with the utmost efficiency.
If you have more questions about Bissell products in general or about wet-dry vacuum cleaners in particular, don’t forget to use the comment section below!
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.