No matter where you need to use your vacuum, if that’s in a hotel, office or at your home, there are several factors you’ll need to consider before making a purchase. With a huge range of products on the market right now, making the right choice of best commercial vacuum cleaner for your preferences and budget can be daunting.
But, don’t worry as we’ve got you covered with everything you need to know before buying a vacuum. Moreover, we’re going to share the top 10 best commercial vacuum cleaners you can get your hands on right now.
How to Find the Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
Most commercial vacuums are upright vacuums, backpack vacuums, and compact canister vacuums.
- Upright vacuums are easy to maneuver and able to clean a large area quickly, without the need to pull canister or something similar along the way.
- They are often designed as very simple units without extra cleaning attachments.
- These units are optimized for cleaning large flat surfaces, using strong suction and rotating brush bars in combination with an adjustable (automatic or manual) cleaning head height.
- Uprights with an additional flexible cleaning hose are more complicated units and they cost more. However, they are capable of cleaning all surfaces from the floor to the ceiling.
- Backpack vacuums are carried on the back or the shoulder and can traverse uneven floors easily.
- They are great for areas where maneuverability and cleaning of large, irregular surfaces are very important.
- The main cleaning head is often connected on the telescopic wand and flexible hose.
- Commercial canister vacuums are usually very compact units and are carried by the handle or using a shoulder strap.
- In most situations, they are used for spot cleaning but also can be used for cleaning larger, flat surfaces.
- Some vacuum cleaners are called wet/dry vacuums.
- Most people would regard this type of machine as a must-have, particularly for those who are in the cleaning services industry.
- Wet/dry vacuums are very flexible when it comes to their cleaning performance.
- Whether you’re dealing with debris, dust, liquid spills, and whatnot, this type of vacuum can handle them all.
Features to Consider When Purchasing a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
Not all vacuums are made equally. Some have cords while others operate via batteries. There are features to both of these types of vacuum cleaners, which we’ll discuss later. If you prefer models with cords, take into consideration the cord length of your vacuum and if this is suitable for your home. If you have large rooms, you don’t want to be unplugging the vacuum every two minutes to access the different corners of your house.
On the other hand, a cordless vacuum is more useful in areas with limited to no access to power outlets. These tend to be safer designs too as you’re less likely to trip on the cord.
Commercial vacuums must be able to clean most of the floor types commonly found in hotels, restaurants, hospitals, workshops, and other floor types.
Such floors commonly include hard floors, low and medium pile carpets and occasionally hardwood floors, high pile carpets, and rugs. Thus, commercial vacuums come with cleaning heads with adjustable cleaning height and rotating brushes. Rotating brushes agitate the dirt, while strong suction (ensured by a strong suction motor and proper cleaning head height) carries the dirt into the vacuum.
Consider the different floor types you have, as you won’t require a vacuum cleaner to target hardwood floors if you only have rugs and carpets. However, if you need a vacuum to target an array of flooring, bear in mind if you’re willing to pay more for a device that automatically recognizes the surface.
Commercial vacuums are equipped with electric motors that can differ significantly in strength. Commonly, motors between 4 and 12 Amps are used to create suction that removes the dirt off of floors. Although 4 Amps doesn’t sound much, these motors and vacuums are designed to be as efficient as possible, with minimum energy losses during operation.
This is very important for good suction, but also for lowering electric bills since these units often operate for hours every single working day.
When determining the suction power you’re looking for, consider the floor type as carpet requires more suction than hard floors. You should also bear in mind typically how dirty your floors get, especially if you have a full household or pets.
Note that a vacuum’s ability to clean depends on many other things, not just the motor strength in Amps so don’t just consider this factor alone.
The HEPA in the term HEPA Filtration stands for High-Efficiency Particulate Air or High-Efficiency Particulate Arrestance. Hence, a HEPA filter is considered as a highly efficient filter that can remove an impressive amount of microscopic particles. The use of HEPA filter in several vacuum models makes them a lot more preferable by most consumers. But, not every consumer needs this feature.
Commercial or residential vacuums with true HEPA air filtration are great because they remove at least 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles from the vacuumed air. However, when cleaning heavily soiled floors on a daily basis, it is more important to clean them quickly and efficiently than to remove at least 99.97% of 0.3 microns or larger particles.
Note that vacuums with a HEPA filter tend to be more pricey but are a recommended feature for people who suffer from allergies. If you can fit a true HEPA vacuum model within your budget, that is great. But, keep in mind that when vacuuming busy areas, there is very little difference between true HEPA vacuums and those vacuums that are not HEPA vacuums but have excellent dirt-air filtration.
Note that HEPA vacuum filters and bags create larger pressure drops and require stronger motors, and in the end, increase electric bills! However, in certain situations, a vacuum with HEPA filtration can be a really good investment for your health.
Most commercial vacuums rely on disposable vacuum bags. Such bags are top filled and are designed not to decrease suction power until they are almost full. Dirt bags are changed quickly and easily, and often come with automatic seal systems – such systems prevent the dirt from exiting dirtbags when being changed.
Since air filtration depends on the vacuum bag’s quality, it is imperative to use OEM’s vacuums bags. However, there are also vacuums bags offered by other manufacturers that are sometimes even better than OEM models. This doesn’t happen often, but it’s a great way to cut your cost.
We also recommend considering the capacity of dirt that a vacuum can hold as if you have a large home, you don’t want to be changing the dirt bin every 10 minutes.
During operation, all vacuums create some noise. For both residential and commercial vacuums, low noise levels are essential in order not to disturb household members, occupants, and guest. Noise levels are usually between 60 and 80 dB, with models above 80 dB being, IMHO, too loud, except perhaps in the industry and loud workshops – even then, be sure to wear some hearing protection.
For example, a quiet office is around 50-60 dB. A typical conversation goes up to 65 dB. Average city traffic is about 80 dB. Food blenders are around 85 dB, chainsaw around 110 dB, a jet taking off around 130 dB, etc.
Anything below 70 dB is great and below 80 dB acceptable.
Depending on the design, most common commercial vacuums cost less than $200, especially simplified upright vacuums, specialized for cleaning large flat surfaces. Price of other vacuums depend on their features and specifications and can go up to or even more than $400.
Since they are intended for commercial use, and for everyday cleaning of large areas, such prices are, IMHO, acceptable.
Most commercial vacuums come with limited terms and conditions. This includes a different warranty period for different vacuum parts (motors, cleaning attachments, other electric parts, etc.) and labor required for repairing the unit.
Generally, cheaper models come with a 1-year warranty, while more expensive models come with a 3-year warranty.
Corded vs Cordless Vacuums
Before we share the best commercial vacuum cleaners with you, let’s first consider the most popular conundrum when choosing a vacuum: corded or cordless. This decision is often so difficult for consumers as there are major advantages to both categories while the commitment of choosing a cordless vacuum might impact suction power and overall performance. To properly assess this argument, let’s first take a look at the advantages of both corded and cordless vacuums.
Advantages of a Corded Vacuum
A corded vacuum has an incredible suction power to it that usually has an input of 1000-2000 watts to pick up and collect clumps of dust and piles of dirt. This power is ideal if you have a large house or rooms that often get bits of food and debris on them. Alternatively, if you have a pet of child, you’ll need a vacuum that can keep up with daily messes.
Amazing Battery Life
One of the main advantages to a corded vacuum is that it lasts for as long as you keep it plugged in. Consequently, you don’t have to worry about the battery running out or not having enough charge to clean your home. This helps to take away the stress of cleaning and also prevents you from constantly changing the batteries to operate the vacuum.
Large Dust Capacity
When looking at corded vacuums, we’ve found that most designs have a large dust capacity that allows you to pick dirt and dust off of the floor without having to constantly change the bin. Therefore, you can vacuum your entire house without emptying the dust bin and lengthening your cleaning time. Plus, who wants to add this boring task to regular vacuuming?
Finally, most corded vacuums are inexpensive and generally don’t cost more than $100. As this type of vacuum lacks the portability that some users want, you’re more likely to pick up a bargain than with a cordless vacuum. It can also be more cost effective to power your appliance with electricity if you have an energy-saving tariff, rather than forking out money on batteries.
Disadvantages of a Corded Vacuum
A corded vacuum is focused on power and performance, rather than portability and maneuverability. Therefore, you’ll have to sacrifice a lightweight design for a product weighing about 7kg. This might be too much to ask if you’re a senior or have several different levels to your house as transporting the vacuum up flights of stairs can be a hassle.
Obviously, a major disadvantage of a corded vacuum is being restricted to how far you can move without the cord holding you back. If you need to access another room, you have to stop, unplug the cord, and plug it back in another location. This is one of the most annoying factors of a corded vacuum as well as potentially tripping over the cord when you move around your home.
Advantages of a Cordless Vacuum
Convenience and Mobility
A cordless vacuum is a great way to easily move around your home without needing extension cords or having to unplug the cord each time you move to another room. There are no limitations to where you can vacuum so long as there’s enough charge in the batteries, or it’s within range to a Bluetooth device. You can also reach higher and lower surfaces and have more mobility to access hard-to-reach areas.
Cordless vacuums are less powerful than corded ones, and although this might sound like a flaw, this feature means it operates quietly. This is great for commercial use or if you prefer to clean your home late at night, but don’t want to disturb the neighbors. Or perhaps you have a pet who isn’t impressed by your current device. Whatever the reason, given the choice, everyone would prefer a quiet vacuum.
As you don’t need a cord for the vacuum to operate, you’re not limited on where you can take your vacuum cleaner. Therefore, you can use a cordless vacuum inside your car, the ceiling, in the corners on your stairs or places a cord would typically hold you back. You can comfortably carry and transport a cordless vacuum so you could even take it on vacation with you to keep on top of cleaning outside of the home.
We should all be more conscious of the energy we use, and a cordless vacuum cleaner means that you don’t have to use electricity to power it. As a result, you can limit your carbon footprint and easily cut back on your energy bills at the same time. Depending on the type of vacuum you purchase, you’ll likely charge it when it runs out of power or change the batteries when required. This is convenient, easy and overall, great for everyone.
Disadvantages of a Cordless Vacuum
If you’re forgetful, it’s likely that you won’t remember to charge your cordless vacuum when it’s running out of juice. Depending on the quality of the device you purchase, it can sometimes take several hours to completely charge before you can use it again. For some users, this can be a huge inconvenience, especially if you regularly use the vacuum so it’s hard to find spare time to charge it.
Not Ideal For Large Houses
Cordless appliances are great for versatility and mobility, though they’re not designed for large houses. Most cordless vacuums comfortably last one hour before they run out of battery. But, if you have a large house with several rooms, you might find that the battery won’t last the duration of your cleaning session. This minimum amount of battery time can also be unsuitable for houses that often get dirty where it requires a thorough clean, thus draining more battery.
The following table lists the main features and specifications of the most popular commercial vacuum units on the market right now.
|Model||Short Description||Latest Price
|Oreck XL2100RHS||– upright, bagged, corded, commercial vacuum cleaner,
– automatic cleaning head height adjustment helps with the transition from hard floors to carpets and back,
– optimized for hard floors and low- and medium-pile carpets,
– cheap disposable large capacity hypoallergenic vacuum bags with antimicrobial agent, high-speed roller brush, low profile design, side edges brushes, non-marring bumpers, 12″ cleaning path etc.
– 35 feet long power cord.
|Sanitaire SC679J||– upright, bagged, corded, commercial vacuum cleaner,
– 5 Amp motor provides 120 CFM, at 78 dB
– 30 feet long power cord,
– 12″ wide cleaning path with manual cleaning head height selector and motorized brush bar,
– 18 dry quarts (4.5 gallons) vacuum bags capacity,
– furniture guard bumper prevents scratches.
|Hoover C2401||– bagless, corded, shoulder/backpack commercial vacuum cleaner,
– 48 feet long power cord,
– comes with additional cleaning tools: 6″ crevice tool, 11″ turbo floor tool, 2″ dusting brush, 4″ upholstery tool,
– 60″ flexible hose, 38″ two-piece metal wands,
– HEPA air filtration.
|Oreck BB900DGR||– bagged, corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner,
– for commercial use on construction sites, workshops, hotels, etc. were small, but a strong vacuum is required; carried in hand or using shoulder straps,
– 4 Amp two-stage bypass motor, flexible hose, adjustable wand, and number of other cleaning tools,
– 30 feet long power cord; weighs 5 pounds.
|ProTeam Backpack Vacuum||– bagged, corded, commercial backpack vacuum cleaner,
– 50 feet long power cord
– flexible hose and rigid wand, plus a large number of cleaning accessories for various surfaces,
– very quiet during operation at only 66 dB
– good multi-layered air filtration, with ‘HEPA media filter’, but not true HEPA air filtration!
|Hoover CH30000||– bagged, corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner,
– doubles as vacuum cleaner and blower,
– 33 feet long power cord, stretch flexible hose, a two-piece metal wand for extra reach,
– number of additional cleaning attachments,
– weighs 8.3 pounds, can be used while carried by a handle or preferably using shoulder straps.
|ProTeam ProForce 1500XP||– bagged, upright, corded commercial vacuum cleaner,
– two motor design – suction motor and brush roller motor,
– 50 feet extra long power cord, with 15″ wide cleaning head, and 10 Amps motors
– comes with onboard flexible 5 feet hose, cleaning wand, combo upholstery/dust brush, crevice tool
– true HEPA air filtration.
|Hoover C1703900||– bagged, upright, corded commercial vacuum cleaner,
– 13″ wide cleaning head, with manual height adjustment (5 positions) and side edge brushes,
– comes with a flexible hose, 2 extension wands, crevice tool, and dusting/upholstery brush,
– non-marking furniture guard,
– good air filtration, with HEPA air filtration available,
– 35 feet long power cord with 12 Amps motor.
|Sanitaire SC3683B||– bagged, corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner,
– 20 feet long power cord, 10 Amps motor, 135 CFM,
– 10″ cleaning path, 7 feet flexible hose, lightweight plastic wand, floor and wall brush, dusting brush, crevice tool
– weighs 10 pounds, noise level ~71 dB
– use of premium allergen filtration disposable dust bags highly recommended,
– good air filtration, with true HEPA air filtration possible with an optional HEPA air filter.
|Hoover CH32008||– bagged, corded, commercial canister/drum vacuum cleaner,
– 50 feet extra long power cord, 10 Amps motor,
– large dirt capacity of 9.5 quarts (2.375 gallons),
– very quiet operation at only 62 dB,
– dry dirt only vacuum, not suitable for wet dirt or for liquids,
– true HEPA air filtration.
Now, let’s see the best commercial vacuum units’ reviews!
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS is an upright, bagged, corded vacuum cleaner, designed for commercial use.
Tech Specs and Features
It comes with a 12″ wide cleaning paths and an automatic cleaning head height adjustment system, which helps the vacuum with the transition from hard floors to carpets and back.
- The power cord is 35 feet (~10.7 m) long and enables the unit to clean a large area without needing to change the power outlet.
Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS is optimized for hard floors and low and medium-pile carpets, while it is not so good on high-pile carpets. It will clean them thoroughly, but it requires an extra push/pull force on such surfaces.
Dirt and debris are collected in cheap disposable large capacity hypoallergenic vacuum bags with an antimicrobial agent added. This way the growth of fungi and bacteria is minimal when the dirtbag is used for a more extended period. However, it is recommended to change the bag after some time, even if the bag is not full.
- Other essential features include a high-speed roller brush which helps with cleaning carpets and rugs, low profile cleaning head design which help with cleaning under sofas, beds, and furniture.
Side edges brush help with cleaning along the edges of walls and baseboards, while non-marring bumpers protect walls and furniture for any accidental damage caused by hitting them with the vacuum. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS is an excellent commercial vacuum cleaner for keeping large areas of floors clean.
It is not suitable for cleaning an elevated surface since it has no flexible hose with additional cleaning tools. But, for everyday cleaning of large floors, it is one of the best buy units.
Sanitaire SC679J Commercial is an upright, bagged, corded, commercial vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
- It is powered with 5 Amp motor, which provides 120 CFM, at 78 dB.
Commercial vacuums often have ‘weaker’ motors than residential vacuums, but since their designs are optimized for performances, they don’t lack suction. On the contrary, this vacuum creates 78 dB of noise. This is nothing horrible, but it could be less noisy.
- The unit comes with a 30-feet (~9.15 m) long power cord. Such a long power cord helps the unit clean a large area without changing the wall socket, but it could be longer to suit larger homes.
- Like most commercial units, Sanitaire SC679J Commercial also lacks an automatic power cord rewind system – this helps simplify the design, which is more robust with fewer subsystems that could go wrong.
The unit has a 12″ wide cleaning path with manual cleaning head height selector and motorized brush bar. An automatic head height adjustment system would be nice to have to improve usability and make vacuuming easier in general.
- The vacuum bag capacity is 18 dry quarts (4.5 gallons). That is a lot of dirt so you won’t have to constantly unload the bin every few minutes.
Also, the unit comes with a furniture guard bumper which prevents scratches on walls and furniture. Sanitaire SC679J Commercial is designed and optimized for cleaning flat surfaces. It has no flexible hose or any other cleaning attachment for cleaning an elevated surface. But, it does an excellent job on various floors, which has to be vacuumed on a daily basis (or even more often).
3. Hoover Commercial Vacuum Cleaner Shoulder Vac Pro Bagless Corded Lightweight Backpack Vacuum C2401
Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder/Backpack Vacuum Cleaner is a bagless, corded, shoulder/backpack commercial vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
Since the user carries it, it has great mobility and maneuverability when cleaning various surfaces, from the floor to the ceiling.
- The power cord is 48 feet (~14.7 m) long, and this allows the unit to clean a really large area using a single wall power socket.
- The unit comes with 60″ (~1.52 m) flexible hose, 38″ (~96.5 cm) two-piece metal wands, and with additional cleaning tools: 6″ crevice tool, 11″ turbo floor tool, 2″ dusting brush, 4″ upholstery tool.
This bagless vacuum cleaner features a flexible hose, two-piece wand, and additional cleaning tools help with cleaning various surfaces, not just floors: stairs, furniture, upholstery, bookshelves, ceiling fans, etc.
Hoover Commercial C2401 has an excellent true HEPA air filtration, which makes it suitable for cleaning areas often used by people having issues with asthma and allergies. In general, it’s better to have this feature than not, as it only does more good than harm.
Oreck Commercial BB900DGR is a bagged corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
It is designed for commercial use on construction sites, workshops, hotels, and similar areas that were small and compact, but a strong vacuum is required.
- Its power cord is 30 feet long, and the unit weighs only 5 (~2.27 kg) pounds. Therefore, it can be carried with one hand, or it can be carried using shoulder straps – for example, on ladders.
- Oreck BB900DGR is a very compact unit, measuring only 8 x 6 x 15 inches.
Suction is provided with a 4 Amp two-stage bypass motor, which creates plenty of suction.
To clean surfaces from floor to the ceiling, the unit comes with 4 feet (~1.22 m) flexible hose, adjustable wand, and a number of other cleaning tools, including a dusting brush, crevice tool, floor cleaning head, etc.
Oreck BB900DGR uses a disposable bag and mechanical air filter. Dirtbag capacity is a modest 1 quart (~0.94 liters), which is not surprising, having in mind how small this unit is.
ProTeam Backpack Vacuum is a bagged, corded, commercial backpack vacuum cleaner.
It comes with an extra-long power cord of 50 feet (~15.3 m) that helps the unit to cover a rather large area using a single power outlet.
Tech Specs and Features
Depending on the version, the unit comes with a flexible hose and rigid telescopic or two-piece wand, plus a large number of cleaning accessories for various surfaces like hard floors, carpets, stairs, upholstery, etc. The unit can vacuum almost anything from the floor to the ceiling.
- The unit has good multi-layered air filtration with a ‘HEPA media filter,’ but it is not true HEPA air filtration.
Although it has powerful suction, it is a very quiet vacuum which is an unusual combination. Noise levels during operation are only around 66 dB, making it suitable for hotels, office buildings and similar areas where floors and other surfaces have to be cleaned often and quickly, without disturbing the people.
Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a bagged, corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
Hoover CH30000 weighs 8.3 pounds (3.76 kg) and can be used while carried by the handle or preferably using shoulder straps.
- The Hoover CH30000 PortaPower is powered via a 33-feet (~10m) long power cord, and it comes with a flexible stretch hose, a two-piece metal wand for extra reach, and a number of other additional cleaning attachments.
To collect the dirt or debris, the unit uses a reusable cloth or disposable paper bags.
Note that it also doubles as the vacuum cleaner and the blower, adding to its versatility. You can use this unit for detailed cleaning on construction sites, workshops, but also in hotels, office buildings and similar areas where tight places are commonly found. It can also be used for cleaning large flat surfaces.
ProTeam ProForce 1500XP Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner is a bagged, upright, corded commercial vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs And Features
It is a strong, sturdy and powerful unit. The unit comes with two motors: one suction motor and one brush roller motor, both requiring a total of around 10 Amps of power.
- The unit is powered with a 50-feet (~15.3 m) extra long power cord, and such a power cord helps the unit clean a large area using a single wall power socket.
- ProTeam ProForce 1500XP comes with a 15″ (~38 cm) wide cleaning head that is not symmetrical toward the vacuum’s body, and it looks a little bit awkward. But, such a wide cleaning head can clean a rather large area quickly, making it excellent for large flat surfaces.
ProTeam ProForce 1500XP comes with an onboard flexible 5-feet hose, cleaning wand, combo upholstery/dust brush, and crevice tool, enabling the cleaning from the floor to the ceiling.
All these features do come with a price, but this is a commercial vacuum cleaner designed for everyday cleaning of large areas. And it is a true HEPA vacuum cleaner.
Hoover Commercial WindTunnel 13″ Bagged Upright Vacuum C1703900 is a bagged, upright, corded commercial vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
- As its name implies, it has a 13″ (~33 cm) wide cleaning head. Such width ensures cleaning of a large area quickly, which is very important in commercial applications.
- The cleaning head has a manual height adjustment with five positions and side edge brushes.
- Different heights are essential for proper cleaning on various surfaces like hard floors, low-, medium- and high-pile carpets and rugs, but automatic height adjustment would help with traversing different floor types.
The side edge brushes help clean along the walls and baseboards, leaving no floor surface uncleaned.
To protect the walls and furniture, the cleaning head comes with a non-marking furniture guard.
- The unit is powered via a 35 feet (~10.7 m) long power cord, providing long cleaning reach, especially when combined with flexible hose and two extension wands.
- The 12 Amps motor provides plenty of suction for a thorough and efficient clean around your home. The air filtration is excellent, with HEPA air filtration available. Like most similar commercial vacuums, Hoover C1703900 uses disposable vacuum bags.
Hoover C1703900 comes with a flexible hose, two extension wands, crevice tool, and dusting/upholstery brush. These cleaning tools enable you to clean various elevated surfaces, including stairs, furniture, upholstery, tight and narrow areas, etc.
Sanitaire SC3683B Commercial Canister Vacuum is a bagged, corded, compact, commercial canister vacuum cleaner suitable for both commercial and residential use.
Tech Specs and Features
- It comes with a relatively short 20 feet (~6.1 m) long power cord, rather strong 10 Amps motor, providing a respectable 135 CFM for respectable power.
- This vacuum produces a noise level of ~71 dB which is not loud, but far from being whisper quiet.
The 20-feet power cord doesn’t allow you to clean a large area from a single power outlet, but this unit is designed more for cleaning ‘spots’ than large areas.
Sanitaire SC3683B main cleaning tool has a 10″ wide cleaning path.
- Also, the unit comes with a 7-feet flexible hose, lightweight two-piece plastic wand, floor and wall brush, dusting brush, and crevice tool. These cleaning tools are enough to clean hard-to-reach and elevated surfaces like stairs, upholstery, furniture, cars, boats, etc.
The unit weighs 10 pounds (~4.53 kg) and uses disposable dirtbags.
The use of premium allergen filtration disposable dust bags is highly recommended. The unit has good air filtration, with true HEPA air filtration possible with an optional HEPA air filter.
Hoover Commercial CH32008 Hush Tone Canister Vacuum is a bagged, corded, commercial canister/drum vacuum cleaner.
Tech Specs and Features
The unit comes with a 50-feet (~15.3 m) extra long power cord which enables the user to clean a vast area using a single power outlet.
When the length of the power cord is combined with a flexible cleaning hose and metal wand, the unit’s reach is even longer. To help with cleaning elevated surfaces, Hoover CH32008 comes with a crevice tool and dust/upholstery brush.
- Although Hoover Commercial CH32008 is powered with a 10 Amps motor, it has a very quiet operation, creating only 62 dB of noise. This makes it one of the quietest commercial vacuums in its class.
- Hoover CH32008 dirt capacity is 9.5 quarts (2.375 gallons), and that is can collect plenty of dirt. Of course, there are commercial vacuums with larger capacities, but it takes time and a large area to collect that amount of dirt or debris.
The unit is designed as an upright/drum vacuum cleaner and although most users associate drum vacuums with wet and moist dirt, this is a dry-dirt-only vacuum and is not suitable for wet dirt or liquids. Hoover CH32008 is a true HEPA vacuum cleaner with excellent air filtration.
Final Review on the Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner Units
Vacuums in general, make a great addition to any home or commercial establishment that requires constant cleaning. Remember to refer back to our section on factors to consider when choosing the best commercial vacuum cleaner as everyone has different preferences and budgets.
Have any of the above vacuum cleaners caught your eye? Share your thoughts in the comments to keep this discussion going.
Best Commercial Vacuum Cleaner: FAQs
In our opinion, the best commercial vacuum cleaner models to buy this year are:
1. Oreck Commercial XL2100RHS
2. Sanitaire SC679J Commercial
3. Hoover Commercial C2401 Shoulder/Backpack Vacuum Cleaner
In comparison to home vacuum cleaners, commercial vacuums are bigger and sturdier than the usual household models. They are designed to serve commercial-sized buildings and remove significant amounts of dirt and debris.
Most professional commercial vacuum cleaners can last up to 15 years. It all depends of the use, make, and model.
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.