Updated: October 20, 2020.
Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner is a ‘high-end’ vacuum cleaner from Dyson. It comes with many old and new features for improved cleaning and usability.
Updated: October 20, 2020.
Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner Features
– Triggerhead Tool – turbine head controlled at the handle so no bending down is required. A fingertip control switches the brush bar off for delicate rugs and hard floors and switches it on for high pick-up on carpets. The air-driven rotating brush helps clean even the toughest dirt and pets hair.
– A Central Steering Mechanism – central steering mechanism for greater control. The cyclone pack articulates with the chassis, so it’s easy to control when moving around obstacles.
– Extra Tools – DC39 Animal Vacuum Cleaner comes with a Mini turbine head for cleaning pet hair and dirt from confined spaces, upholstery, stairs, and the car. There’s also a Stair tool and a Combination tool that converts to a brush tool for dusting.
– Clear Bin – lets you see when it needs emptying. The bin on a Dyson vacuum cleaner is transparent so you can see when it needs emptying – and just how much dust, dirt, and pet hair your Dyson machine has picked up. Like all other Dyson vacuums, DC39 Animal doesn’t lose suction as you clean – an advantage of Dyson’s Radial Root Cyclone technology with improved suction power and performance in general.
– Captures Allergens, Expels Cleaner Air – Dyson cyclones capture microscopic particles down to 0.5 microns in size. DC39 Animal also includes a non-removable HEPA filter as an extra safeguard for allergy sufferers. It traps microscopic particles down to 1/5,000 of a pinhead, including pollen, mold, and bacteria.
– No Extra Costs – Other vacuum cleaners are still designed to need replacement bags and filters – and the cost soon adds up. Dyson vacuum cleaners don’t need replacement bags or belts, so there are no extra costs to worry about.
– Ball Technology – Dyson Ball vacuum cleaners use Ball technology to overcome the steering limitations of fixed wheels. They ride on a ball, which turns on the spot so you can steer with ease. The ball also holds the heaviest component (the motor) – positioned towards the base for a lower center of gravity and greater stability. The machine moves easily around obstacles, and the ball’s smooth surface means that it doesn’t dig into the carpet pile.
– Reduced Noise Levels – With no compromise in performance Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner has all essential components located inside the acoustically insulated ball.
General Recommendation – this is a ‘high-end’ vacuum cleaner from Dyson. It is great for cleaning both large and small areas very often. If you have a pet (or pets) or any allergy and similar related problem, you will appreciate the suction power, rotating brush, and filtering capabilities of this vacuum. Also, the ‘Hygienic Bin Emptying System’ allows you to clean dust bin without making a mess – a great advantage over similar systems.
This vacuum cleaner also comes with a great price tag, but if you consider Dyson’s 5-year warranty, features, and capabilities of this vacuum cleaner with no additional costs, then the price, in the long run, is not that high.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
Note: Dyson DC39 has been replaced with newer, more powerful, and more versatile models – please check our Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum – Review, Comparison, and Recommendation article.
Products Similar to the Dyson DC39
Eureka WhirlWind Bagless Canister Cleaner NEN110A
This innovative multi-surface vacuum is comparable to the Dyson DC39 on multiple fronts. It has an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery & hard floors.
The Eureka WhirlWind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal wand. It also has a 2.5-liter dust container so you won’t need to purchase any more bags or mess with maintenance.
Furthermore, it features a 2-in-1 crevice tool integrated into the hose handle, so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and it’s practically guaranteed that you will never lose it. And on top of all that, for added convenience, the Eureka WhirlWind has a self-retracting power cord so you won’t need to wrap it around the unit or bother with it once you’re done cleaning.
Ovente ST2620B Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum
Coming from Ovente, the ST2620B is a bagless canister vacuum that features an impressive suction system and HEPA filters for those of you with allergies.
The HEPA filtration system traps dust mites, dust particles, pollen, and basically any other aerial contaminant as small as 0.3 microns. Also, the dust compartment is translucent so you can easily see when the dust container and filters are full. When needed, just empty the container and clean the filter, and you’ll be able to use the vacuum once again.
On top of that, the Ovente ST2620B also comes with a nifty speed control system that allows you to save energy when you only need to lightly clean around the house. You can use the minimum suction setting for collecting dust without disturbing others and the maximum suction setting for heavier cleaning work.
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.