Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac – HV292 Model is corded, bagless, handheld vacuum cleaner. It comes with several very important attachments, making it suitable for cleaning various dirt and debris, pet hair included, from surfaces like upholstery, shelves, furniture and similar. Very capable and affordable vacuum cleaner.
- Portable and ultra-lightweight. Less than 4 pounds in total
- True Pet Motorized Brush for handheld deep cleaning
Shark HV292 comes with following cleaning tools:
– TruePet Motorized Brush – this powered brush attachment removes pet hair, loose and deeply embedded dirt and debris. It is suitable for cleaning upholstery, car seats, stairs, low pile carpets and similar smaller surfaces and areas. If you have larger carpets, it will take longer to clean them, since the width of the TruePet Motorized Brush is 6 inches (~15 cm).
– Extended Reach Hose – flexible hose enables connecting cleaning attachments to the unit and cleaning awkward and hard to reach areas.
– 12″ Crevice Tool – one foot (~30.5 cm) long crevice tool enables cleaning tight spaces, edges, between seat and couch cushions and similar surfaces.
– Dusting Brush – soft bristles of the dusting brush and strong suction help clean dust and other similar dirt from various sensitive surfaces. It is lightweight unit and in combination with flexible hose can easily clean shelves, blinds, fans etc.
Shark Rocket HV292 has transparent, easy to empty, dirt bin. In most situations, suction is not lost regardless how full dirt bin is. Nonetheless, it is highly recommended to empty the dirt bin after each cleaning.
Unit comes with washable mechanical air filter – after washing, let the filter air dry thoroughly. Over time, filter quality decreases, so it is good practice to replace it from time to time. Shark Rocket HV292 has very good air filtration, but it is not HEPA grade air filtration.
Shark Rocket HV292 is lightweight unit, weighing 3.7 pounds (~1.67 kg). There are, of course, lighter handhelds on the market, but HV292 comes with 400 W motor and 15 feet (~ 4.6m) power cord. Center of gravity is in front of the handle and it can be little bit tiring to hold the unit in such position. However, when being used, unit is mostly kept under certain downward angle, with center of gravity being almost below the handle, which makes it very easy to use even by elderly people.
Kids can use it too, just be sure that they know how to safely plug it in/out, or you can do that for them – let them clean their own messes 🙂
For its size, it is very powerful vacuum, with very good suction, but with no suction control.
Unit has no automatic cord rewind system, but with relatively short power cord, it is not absolutely required. Also, power cord is long enough for cleaning single room and cleaning other rooms often requires unplugging the power cord from wall socket in one and plugging it in, in the next room.
Shark Rocket HV292 comes with 1-year limited warranty.
Long story short – Shark Rocket HV292 is excellent corded, handheld, bagless vacuum cleaner. It depends on mains power and relatively short power cord, but it has no limitations of cordless vacuums like limited operating time, limited suction power (unless boost mode is used, like in Dyson V6 and Dyson V8 cordless models, which can significantly reduce operating time) and relatively high price for strong lithium cordless vacuums.
Shark Rocket HV292 is also very affordable vacuum cleaner and suitable as second vacuum cleaner for larger homes and apartments for cleaning in emergencies and for detailed cleaning of hard-to-reach areas and surfaces.
For more reviews and recommendations, feel free to follow Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292) Amazon link (link opens in the new window).
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.