The Miele Classic C1 canister vacuum cleaners are great mid-range vacuum cleaners optimized for low-pile carpets, rugs, and smooth and flat floors. Miele Classic C1 canister vacuum cleaners come in several versions: Olympus, Capri, Delphi, and Titan, which differ in color, available attachments, and air filtration level. Today we offer a full comparison between all these models.
Before you begin reading, make sure you are up to date with all vacuum cleaner specifications and you know as many things as possible about how vacuum cleaners work. Also, make sure you do not mistake the Miele C1 Classic series with the Miele C1 Power Line series, although all Miele vacuum cleaners share the same quality across the board.
Olympus, Capri, Delphi, and Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaners Comparisons
In the table below, you will find the main tech specs and features of the Olympus, Capri, Delphi, and Titan Miele C1 classic vacuum cleaners.
|Model||Classic C1 Olympus||Classic C1 Capri||Classic C1 Delphi||Classic C1 Titan|
|1200 W Vortex Motor||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Six Power Control Settings||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|29.5 ft (9 m) Cleaning Radius||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Dusting Brush, Upholstery Tool, Crevice Tool||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended for Hard Floors||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended for Low Pile Carpeting||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Recommended for Medium Pile Carpeting||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Additional Dedicated Hard Floor Brush||No||Yes||No||Yes|
|Included HEPA AirClean Filter||No||No||No||Yes|
|Land of Origin||Germany||Germany||Germany||Germany|
|Check Latest Price||Miele Classic C1 Olympus||Miele Classic C1 Capri||Miele Classic C1 Delphi||Miele Classic C1 Titan|
Miele Classic C1 canister vacuums are made in Germany and hence have a 7-year motor warranty, 7-year casing warranty, and 1-year warranty on all other components. The warranty may vary depending on the store/model, so be sure to check it twice before making a purchase.
It is absolutely necessary to check the warranty whenever one buys something, especially from the on-line shops, regardless if it is some cheap gadget or expensive vacuum cleaner.
All Miele Classic C1 Canister Vacuums Shared Features
- 1200 W Vortex Motor. This is a very powerful motor, required for having good suction. Most of the similar vacuums have motors in 1000-1500W range and their suction levels depend on many other things, not only on the raw power of the motor. This motor does its job well.
- Six Power Control Settings. Depending on the level of dirt and type of surface, C1 vacuums have six levels of power. As with most canisters, one has to bend over to adjust power level – unlike most uprights, where power control is much higher, often very nearby or even on the handle itself.
- VarioClip with three onboard accessories: dusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice tool.
- Telescopic, stainless steel wand and large, convenient handle. They enable one to reach high and hard to reach areas like and ceilings and similar. Note that Delphi and Titan models have slightly different handles with electro-brush controls.
- 29.5 ft (9m) Cleaning Radius, that is more than enough for most homes and apartments. The longer-range can be achieved using an additional extension cord, just be sure that that extension cord is properly sized. Miele C1 requires at least 11 Amps, so the extension cord should be designed for at least 15-16 Amps for longer periods of operation.
Miele Classic C1 Olympus
Obviously, Miele Classic C1 Olympus is the entry-level model, with the least options. If it fits your needs, don’t consider more equipped models, since they cost more and most of the additional tools can be purchased later. On the other hand, when purchased separately, cleaning tools cost more.
- SBD 350-3 Classic FiberTeQ tool is the main cleaning tool of the C1 Olympus model. It is ideal for smooth floors and low-pile carpets.
- The SBD 350-3 enables one to easily transition from smooth floors to carpets with a quick click of the rocker switch – it is easily operated with a foot, just step on it (not with the full weight) or push it from below.
Miele’s AirClean System and AirClean Filter do a very good job in C1 Olympus, but they don’t provide a HEPA level of air filtration.
Miele Classic C1 Capri
Instead of SBD 350-3 Classic FiberTeQ tool, Miele Classic C1 Capri comes with STB205-3 Turbo Comfort – Turbo Brush which does a better job than Olympus’ SBD 350-3 cleaning tool due to rotating roller brush that helps to loosen the dirt within carpet fibers.
- The STB205-3 Turbo Comfort does a great job on low-pile carpets but could be better on medium-pile.
- The roller brush must be periodically cleaned from hair and similar dirt.
- Miele’s AirClean System and AirClean Filter do a very good job in C1 Capri, too, but they don’t provide the HEPA level of air filtration.
- The C1 Capri also comes with additional dedicated hard floor brush – SBB Parquet-3 Parquet Floor Brush.
It has natural bristles that ensure that tile, wood and other smooth surfaces are cleaned thoroughly with extreme care. This also means that the parquet floor brush can’t remove stubborn stains and dirt from such surfaces, without additional help.
STB205-3 Turbo Brush can be used on hard surfaces, but on the sensitive surfaces, SBB Parquet-3 is recommended.
Miele Classic C1 Delphi
The C1 Delphi doesn’t have an additional tool for hard floors, but it comes with SEB 217-3 Electro Comfort Electrobrush, which is great for medium- and low-pile carpets and smooth floors.
It is electrically-driven carpet tool with a floating head and swivel neck designed for easy maneuverability on low to medium pile carpeting, rugs, and smooth flooring.
C1 Delphi has an ergonomic handle with a convenient Electrobrush on/off power switch.
Miele’s AirClean System and AirClean Filter do a very good job in C1 Delphi, too, but they don’t provide HEPA level of air filtration.
Miele Classic C1 Titan
Miele Classic C1 Titan is the most equipped and most expensive Classic C1 model.
C1 Olympus is an entry-level model, C1 Capri is for people with low-pile carpets and sensitive wooden floors, C1 Delphi for people with more medium- and low-pile carpets, while C1 Titan has it all – it is suitable for medium- and low-pile carpets, various sensitive flat surfaces and, unlike other C1 models, it is equipped with HEPA AirClean Filter.
- Like C1 Delphi, C1 Titan comes with electrically driven SEB 217-3 Electro Comfort Electrobrush, great for medium- and low-pile carpets and smooth floors.
- C1 Titan also has an ergonomic handle with a convenient Electrobrush on/off power switch.
- Like C1 Capri, C1 Titan comes with additional dedicated hard floor brush – SBB Parquet-3 Parquet Floor Brush suitable even for delicate wooden floors.
Miele Classic C1 Titan is the only C1 model that comes with AirClean System and HEPA AirClean Filter, providing true HEPA exhaust air filtration – very important for people having any health issues like asthma and allergies.
And C1 Titan comes with a really nice price tag – but, what you pay, is what you get.
Should You Buy the Miele Classic C1 Olympus, Capri, Delphi, and Titan Canister Vacuum Cleaners?
In short? Yes.
Miele Classic C1 Olympus, Capri, Delphi, and Titan canister vacuum cleaners will get their job done easily when used properly on the type of surfaces they were designed for.
They differ in price, so choose carefully. As with all similar comparisons, I would recommend the most equipped model, especially when they have such a long warranty – 7 years (on motor and casing) is a very nice warranty, to say the least. Any price difference on a such long period is almost negligible.
Once again, they are made in Germany. Enough said.
With a degree in engineering, Kathryn Hansen loves to write about how things work. Having her own dilemmas on how to pick the best vacuum cleaner for her large family (with a handful of furry four-legged members as well), Kathryn decided to help others in the same situation. After all, vacuum cleaners are critical to a healthy lifestyle and people have a hard time choosing the best one for their needs.
I hope you’re well. I am trying to figure out if I can use one of Miele’s Power heads on my C1 Classic Olympus. I can’t seem to see the exact information anywhere. I am looking at the STB205-3 Turbo Comfort – Turbo Brush or the SEB 217-3 Electro – floor brush. Might either of these work? Or, is there yet another head you might suggest/
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks so much,
Oh, forgot one that I am considering, the STB 305-3 TurboTeQ. FYI, I don’t have pets now, but may again some day and my carpets are low pile.